• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I think I would’ve tried to find a way to store it in the large hole for the stock screw. A small plastic tube or pouch of some sort might work.
    Over the years I’ve found a variety of things under the butt plates of long guns including receipts, range dope and names and addresses. Interesting bits of history.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    In the Mojave I kept a scorpion in the cleaning kit compartment in the butt stock of my M16. It was my pet. On post it was kept in my helmet with the liner pulled out.

A friend who had a difficult home life lived with us for a couple of years during high school. He brought me one from a construction stint in Texas, and I kept it in a terrarium for several months. Neat critter.

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    I like the comparison ...............the 70`s = Old Timers , I`m sure others will appreciate it too . :fogey:

Well, it's true. lol I was born in the 70s, and am not that young. Old enough to shoot in the 70s == old timers nowadays.

And "extra rounds for hunting" makes sense. In that location, it wouldn't do any good for self defense, but makes sense if out hunting for small game and need a few more rounds.

Top Bottom