Hey INGO...Toys for Tots needs your help!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • loony1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Southside Indy
    So here it is, about a month ago i offered to volunteer my time to the USMC reserve and Toys for Tots. My friend brian who is a "dormant Marine", called me up yesterday and told he had my route info and a vehicle to drive. So today I spent 8 hours driving around the south/southeast side picking up toys at dropoff locations. After i finished my route my buddy and i met up and took 2 vans full of toys :rockwoot:to the dropoff location on west 86th street. Once there we got to talking to Sgt. Montgomary, and he thanked us both, but looked a little bummed. I later found out that the Corp. is severly short on toys as they have a quota of 60,000 toys for 30,000 children throughout the state. Soooo, i started thinking on what I can do to help get more toys donated and then it hit me, INGO:ingo:. So here it is, we have until the 17th before the program stops and the Corp. has to do what they can with what they have (nothing new to a Marine lol). I'm asking all INGOers to please donate a toy and list on this thread what you got and where you dropped it off. Also in your post please pick a number from 1-12,000 as i will be doing a small raffle at the end of next week w/my daughters picking the winning #. The prize i will giving away will be a will be a INGO t-shirt and a 1-year sight supporter membership. Just think if all members donated 1 toy, that is over 11,000 toys to go to needy children (and a heck of alot of posts to look through lol):yesway:. If anyone wants to drop off a gift at the distribution site they are very welcome too and they get the bonus of shakeing the hand of a thankful Marine. If not here is a link to find out where the nearest dropoff locations are at. Marine Toys for Tots Foundation. Thanks in advance fellow INGO members, for this is a very dear cause to me and my family. Oh yea, next week will be the last of the pickups, so please hurry if you are going to donate.:patriot:

ETA: winner will be announced on sunday Dec. 19th

Last edited:

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    I have been contacted to put up an annoying footer ad on INGO for the rest of the month. It would be for Chevy trucks I would be willing to donate this money from the annoying banner to Toys for Tots if the INGO membership would tolerate it.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    I have been contacted to put up an annoying footer ad on INGO for the rest of the month. It would be for Chevy trucks I would be willing to donate this money from the annoying banner to Toys for Tots if the INGO membership would tolerate it.
    My vote is "yes". We donate to this each year...and have for a long time. IMO...this is the most worthy charity there is.

You're a good man Fenway. :yesway:

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Members will be pissed. This will be an ad that will pop up on the footer and not go away if you scroll unless you click an X button. If I can get the word out about the ad first maybe members will take it ok. I will donate the money to toys for tots

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    I installed a used pepsi machine at work a few years back and all the money collected through out the year goes to the local Toys for Tots here in Bremen. So far I have been able to donate $1500 a year to Toys for Tots and for a community this small that is a lot of help!

kboom524

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    New Haven
    Members will be pissed. This will be an ad that will pop up on the footer and not go away if you scroll unless you click an X button. If I can get the word out about the ad first maybe members will take it ok. I will donate the money to toys for tots

Go for it. I can put up with a footer for a good cause.:yesway:

I am on the Toys for Tots committee for my union. We have been doing an annual fund raiser for years. This year between the union, retirees and the company I work for we collected over $15,000. We took the money and went out and bought enough toys to fill a semi-trailer and delivered it to the local Toys for Tots campaign. It is a great cause and I will do anything I can to support it.

loony1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Southside Indy
    What is the last day we could donate Toys? 12/17? What about money or toys after that date?

Not sure about the money but i will find out first thing tomorrow. Please remember, there are a small number of Marines and volunteers doing this, so the sooner the better.

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Well I would need to give the ad time so it would have to be Friday 12/17 if I can make this happen. We could buy the toys in the Castleton area. Is there a drop off near by?

loony1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Southside Indy
    Well I would need to give the ad time so it would have to be Friday 12/17 if I can make this happen. We could buy the toys in the Castleton area. Is there a drop off near by?

toys-r-us is a national supporter, if that doesn't work i have a link. http://www.toysfortots.org/donate/toys-city-county.asp

I will also personally pick the toys up and take them to the distribution site, just let me know what is easiest. Thanks fenway for the support and thank you INGO:ingo:

Last edited:
    Top Bottom