• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I got tears in my eyes and goosebumps reading this story.

True hero 101 right here. I can only hope that I would be half as brave as this man if the time ever arose.

We lost a good one.

It truly is sad that such a talented man had to lose his life saving kids that probably shouldn't have been in the water in the first place.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    I got tears in my eyes and goosebumps reading this story.

True hero 101 right here. I can only hope that I would be half as brave as this man if the time ever arose.

We lost a good one.

It truly is sad that such a talented man had to lose his life saving kids that probably shouldn't have been in the water in the first place.

Agree on the losing the good one, and having tears. That is the hospital that I go to, and know that its one of the top in the world. He has been there since 2001, so he helped make it like that. I think, if he had to pick his way to go out though, he would have picked this. From what I have read about him, he seemed the kind to. Sad that we lost him way before his time though :patriot:

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Agree on the losing the good one, and having tears. That is the hospital that I go to, and know that its one of the top in the world. He has been there since 2001, so he helped make it like that. I think, if he had to pick his way to go out though, he would have picked this. From what I have read about him, he seemed the kind to. Sad that we lost him way before his time though :patriot:

Going out by saving multiple children? Just by reading the article, I don't think he'd have had it any other way.

His wife and kids will be in my prayers in this difficult time for them...Too sad...I have no doubt in my mind that he's now in a better place though.

RIP Dr. Liu, you are a hero and will certainly be missed by many, many people.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I wonder if he wasn't a strong swimmer. I always wondered how this happens. Sad indeed. That has got to be one of the best ways to die (saving kids)

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I wonder if he wasn't a strong swimmer. I always wondered how this happens. Sad indeed. That has got to be one of the best ways to die (saving kids)

He may have been a strong swimmer just not use to dealing with the exact conditions. It wasn't the only drowning and it wasn't the only group that needed rescued. I'd heard about this one and another drowning with some rescues. Waves were 6-8 feet with rip currents. If you panic a bit and try to force your way into shore, you can easily be pulled wherever it wants to take you.

I'm not the praying type but I can say that I'd hope his family can at least take some comfort in the fact that he went in to help someone and ended up saving them.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I helped pull a guy out in Gulf Shores that was missing 30 mins. He was 19. Official report was drowned due to rip currents but his friends were right next to him and said he turned blue then went under water. Kinda ruined that day for a whole lot of people.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Now that he is gone, I only hope that those boys grow up in a way that will honor Dr. Liu. May God comfort his family.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Now that he is gone, I only hope that those boys grow up in a way that will honor Dr. Liu. May God comfort his family.

From what it sounded like, his kids were wanting to honor his memory. I know if they look up to him like I look up to my father, that they will be great as well. I know I still look for approval from my dad, and hope that I carry on the family name well (and I am in my 30s)

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Went to the hospital today. Talked to a couple of the people working there. Turns out about everyone knew him, and that he was an even kinder person then the news paper said. They all were saying amazing things about him. Truly, I was very saddened. But, was nice so many people thought so well of him. Says wonders of his character.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    From what it sounded like, his kids were wanting to honor his memory. I know if they look up to him like I look up to my father, that they will be great as well. I know I still look for approval from my dad, and hope that I carry on the family name well (and I am in my 30s)
    I should have been more clear. I think his kids will probably turn out well, it's the ones he saved that I was wondering about.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    I should have been more clear. I think his kids will probably turn out well, it's the ones he saved that I was wondering about.
    Ah sorry. Yes, I hope those kids do something with their life too. Really hope they make it worth that huge sacrifice.

Top Bottom