aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    The pre-Glock Glock.

e16fb80331a23b8359ad382926f422ab.jpg

Just like Henry Ford didn’t invent the car.

And for the record, I ain’t a Glock hater. I have at least one each generation.

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    I could give a darn what gun you carry or what your favorite is. What ever works for you is what you should carry. Mine happens to be a 1911/2011, CZ or Sig. I have owned Glocks before and just didn’t like the grip angle. Would I own one again, yes. I think they are fine pistols.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    One unique thing about it, the barrel was fixed, no movement.
    My 1973 Walther PP has a fixed barrel too and I'm sure there were others, so not so unique but is a less common design.

I just can't get past the grip angle and the feel of a glock in my hand and they're too top heavy for my preference, it throws off the balance in my hand. All metal pistols do not significantly weigh enough more that it has ever had an impact on what I carry, I can carry my heavy ass 92FS all day and not really notice the weight at all. We're talking about less than 16oz. of difference (glock 19=1.48lbs vs 92FS=2.3lbs empty).

Last edited:

pitbulld45

Follower of I AM
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    Terre Haute
    another snarky comment discounted. i told the last guy that i'm old and offended by your comment/representation.
    I don’t care if you are offended or not

This is a forum where we both learn and have fun, I often times make fun of myself on here as well as my friends and strangers, If you can’t take a joke or a meme you may be in the wrong spot. I also posted information after the picture but yet you skipped that.

Last edited:

Johnk

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 92.3%
    12   1   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Mooresville
    I don’t care if you are offended or not

This is a forum where we both learn and have fun, I often times make fun of myself on here as well as my friends and strangers, If you can’t take a joke or a meme you may be in the wrong spot. I also posted information after the picture but yet you skipped that.
    Could have come up with a better apology than that but I accept it. :cool:

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I probably shoot more older guns than most, that said I bought a Glock G40 MOS a while back after trying out a friends pistol with electric sights. I've since had the cataracts fixed that moved me to make that purchase decision, but It's still a good pistol. 10mm is an interesting caliber.

I don't think we can answer some of the questions about plastic frame pistols until they have been around longer. The old campaigner here went with general Pershing's troops on the Mexican punitive mission in 1916 and still shoots without issue today.

old campaigner.jpg

Maybe there will be some Glocks go on the next mexican punitive expedition in the future and our descendants will finally have the answer.;)

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Took me 30 years of shooting handguns before I finally ended up with a Glock and eventually wound up with four:

1- A G42 380 bought off INGO classifieds in 2018. Great shooting 380 although not totally reliable as I had malfunctions with Federal FMJ ammo which shot fine in an old PPK/S and LCP II. It is by far the softest shooting 380 I have ever fired and real pleasant to shoot.

2- Glock 48 came out and the grip fit me far better than the large double stack mag grips of Glocks I had handled in the past. A good shooting 9mm although I wish I had waited for the MOS to come out.

3- My friend told me he shot at the Camp Perry Glock match with his Glock 34 and I ended up buying one myself. The grip is a little too big for me but aside my much more expensive P226 this is the most accurate 9mm I have ever shot. This G34 definitely has a dislike for Aguila 124 FMJ as surprised to have several malfunction with it.

4- Glock 43X MOS , thought this would be the one I would like the best and would allow me to sell the G48 above. Could never shoot the G43X MOS nearly as good as my P365X or Smith Shield/Shield plus. This is the one I look most forward to parting with.

I just wish the Glock had an out of the box trigger on par with my Smith Shield Plus , most likely the reason I shoot the Shield much better than the above mentioned G43X. My Glock experience has been mostly positive but in regards to unsurpassed reliability my 2 P365s , 3 Smith Shields and even my 2 lowly LCP series have never malfunctioned with any factory or reloaded ammo.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    I probably shoot more older guns than most, that said I bought a Glock G40 MOS a while back after trying out a friends pistol with electric sights. I've since had the cataracts fixed that moved me to make that purchase decision, but It's still a good pistol. 10mm is an interesting caliber.

I don't think we can answer some of the questions about plastic frame pistols until they have been around longer. The old campaigner here went with general Pershing's troops on the Mexican punitive mission in 1916 and still shoots without issue today.

View attachment 338690

Maybe there will be some Glocks go on the next mexican punitive expedition in the future and our descendants will finally have the answer.;)
    But how many rounds does it have through it?

Top Bottom