• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • J Galt

Expert
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Mar 21, 2020
    Indianapolis
    What is so special about a Glock? They are ugly and made of plastic. So many of them for sale used. Don't shooters like them? If they are such a great gun and the savior of the shooting world, why are so many of them for sale on the INGO Marketplace?

Who said a Glock was special? Besides the marketing department.

It is hard to pass judgment without knowing how many people purchased a Glock and carried, or at least kept, it. To compare against how many sold them.

Also, possibly because the decision making process by most people is based on emotion (I don't 'like' it) versus objectivity.

Your sarcasm aside, there are a few other pistols that have nearly the same, or the same, reliability and durability.

Some people kept an open mind. They tried it, then decided it was not for them.

As long as they bought another quality pistol then I am glad they kept an open mind and I'll be happy to add to my collection with what they no longer want. :cheers:

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I posted this before. Going from memory.
    In my personal order of importance.
    Just for fun I'll score it 1-5.

Reliable 5
    Safety 4 (always hot)
    Accuracy 4 (my 1911 gets a 5)
    Speed 5 (again, always hot)
    Weight and size 5 (the 1911 ends up on the passenger seat)

That's a pretty good carry score.

Kdf101

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Sullivan County
    I have heard more times than I can remember that 1911’s are u reliable. That has not been my experience. Buy a good one, do basic maintenance, and mine have all been flawless. A commander size, which I prefer, can really reduce the weight. The main thing for me has always been capacity. In this seemingly new age of the greater threat of multiple attackers, that is the significant thing for me.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I've never posted this before. Going from memory.
    In my personal order of importance.
    I'll score it 1-5.
    M17 Sig Sauer

Reliable 5
    Safety 5 with a manual safety and a few passive ones.
    Accuracy 5
    Speed 5
    Weight and size 5

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I have heard more times than I can remember that 1911’s are u reliable. That has not been my experience. Buy a good one, do basic maintenance, and mine have all been flawless. A commander size, which I prefer, can really reduce the weight. The main thing for me has always been capacity. In this seemingly new age of the greater threat of multiple attackers, that is the significant thing for me.
    There is this company called Para Ordnance.

pitbulld45

Follower of I AM
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    Terre Haute
    I have multiple 1911's, maybe five or six and I have had one high end that only fed ball ammo, contact manufacturer and was told well the 1911 was designed to shoot ball ammo sooooo.

The others have all been fine feeding all types of ammo.

dmarsh8

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Katmandu
    What is so special about a Glock? They are ugly and made of plastic. So many of them for sale used. Don't shooters like them? If they are such a great gun and the savior of the shooting world, why are so many of them for sale on the INGO Marketplace?
    I never thought I cared for glocks either, until I shot a few.
    Don't take it personal, I'm just playing devil's advocate but the shallowness of your questions are quite funny! Not much else needs to be said, so I won't repeat everyone's replies.
    Maybe you're basically just looking for people to agree with you, which is fine but I'm not sure what it's accomplishing. Glocks reasons for success aren't hard to figure out.
    This is basically like asking why are there so many GM, or Toyota, or fill in the blank vehicles for sale on Craigslist.
    It's like asking why auto manufacturers use so much plastic when they build their products.
    -Because there are millions of them in circulation.
    -Plastic is cheap and easily molded into a product.

Different strokes for different folks.

chadm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 30, 2016
    West side of Indy
    Why are so many Ford F-150s for sale, if they are the number one vehicle sold every year?

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    I wonder what the colt saa guys thought about the brand new 1911..

“Pffft, these kids and their silly trinkets. Don’t they know how reliable these old revolvers are? And look at that tiny, weak little round. A real man uses this here 44mag. Those semi autos are just a fad. They’ll disappear When that cheap steal breaks on them.”

Fudd circa 1912
    (Probably)

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Says the man who owns all manner of guns from the OTHER Austrian gun maker.

(Yes folks, there is another gunmaker in Austria besides glock)
    I own no Rossler or Voere firearms.

Have to acknowledge reality, there are what, a dozen Glock clone companies now? As well, the Glock clone is the most popular download in the 3-D printed gun space/.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I have multiple 1911's, maybe five or six and I have had one high end that only fed ball ammo, contact manufacturer and was told well the 1911 was designed to shoot ball ammo sooooo.

The others have all been fine feeding all types of ammo.
    You might want to look at those old Colts, I have a few Colt 1911's that reliably feed 38 Special wad-cutters.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    After looking at all the new 10mm pistols. The Gen5 Glock 20 is on list.
    I want to get my hands on one first. I might actually like it with the finger irritators removed.

K9Luvn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2024
    Gas City/ Marion
    I have a glock 43. Still getting used to it as it is much slimmer then the 9mm I had before. To be honest I only bought it because it was very pretty and different. It is a Davidson Wolf Edition... or something like that. I has beutiful evngraving of a wolf on the slide with gold inlaid eyes.

indysims

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   1
    Aug 31, 2011

If you're legitimately curious about what you ask, there is a New York Times bestselling book you should read.

Glock: The Rise of America's Gun​

Top Bottom