• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OiRadio47

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Mishawaka
    Anyone have any experience with the Henry Survival 22? It breaks apart and stores inside its own stock. Looks cool.

Tell me some advantages-disadvantages versus the Ruger 10/22 take down.

possum_128

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Martinsville area
    I have had one for years. Although I've had to send mine back to henry two times, first for jaming problems and the last time for it shooting full auto, I will say customer service was great.

I bought mine for a boating and backpacking gun, in which is where it shines. It does have a very heavy trigger but it works great for it's intended purpose.

Don't own or have even held the 10/22 take down, so I can't help you there.

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    IMO, the Ruger is the clear cut better shooter, but the Henry packs up into a considerably smaller package and is lighter. Plus the Henry is waterproof/resistant? in it's packaging.

I think it comes down to whether you want a shooter that breaks down to a backpacking rifle or a backpacking rifle that can be assembled into a shooter. They're in the same category, but are on opposite ends of the compromise.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I've owned both. The Henry will not fit in the breakdown compartment if you mount an optic on it. Not a big deal but many don't consider that.
    It isn't water proof but it does float when dropped in the water so you'll have to do better than "I lost it in a boating accident", again, may not be a big deal but needs to be taken into account. hehe.

Mine shot minute of squirrel pretty well, and would keep a tin can dancing at 25 yards easily.

Redskinsfan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    My lovely wife surprised me with the Henry rifle for Christmas. It has functioned flawlessly and the trigger pull is very decent. I really like it.

I have never owned or handled the 10/22 model in question.

jbrooks19

Expert
    Rating - 96.9%
    30   1   1
    Nov 15, 2011
    Kokomo
    I have a couple 15rd extended mags for the survival rifle I'm not using, PM me I your interested in them.

I LOVE my survival rifle. Fun gun to shoot, accurate and light weight!

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Like the AR7 I have Savage and Charter Arms models, but I hear the Henrys are better. Wife and youngest son shoot it well.
    1-2-12Paulsfirstrangetrip007.jpg

1-2-12Paulsfirstrangetrip008.jpg

GONZO!!!

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Back about 1988 or so, I had a Charter Arms version...it was hyper accurate and I loved it. Should have kept it. Great little rifle...can feed yourself well wih one with good shot placement and ammo (under normal circumstances) is cheap, plentiful and lightweight to carry in bulk.

One of these should be in your Bug Out Bag

GONZO!!!

Top Bottom