• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 02roadster

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Foxcliff, Morgan Co.
    I have been looking around over a year for a Henry Big Boy in .357 mag. Yesterday AM went into Martinsville Rural KIng to by a couple of bore mops... And they Angels sang!!! Quite the rush I might add. Thanks to Bill and Kevin at Martinsville Rural King for excellent care and service!

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Awesome! I have the 44mag Big Boy and the 45-70. The fit and finish are excellent. You are going to love it. Let us know how she shoots!

rxer

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 5, 2014
    Crown Point
    I've got the 45 colt and its a great gun. Also have the golden boy and both have held up for thousands of rounds. Enjoy.

02roadster

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Foxcliff, Morgan Co.
    Just got back from the range. Ran 50 rounds through my new Henry... I was shooting from 50 yards and was very pleased with it straight out of the box. A couple of club members were impressed with the gun, not with my shooting. This is an armful for me as I have only been shooting AR15 and .22 Sporter. Lots of fun, but the learning curve is in place.

02roadster

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Foxcliff, Morgan Co.
    I've got the 45 colt and its a great gun. Also have the golden boy and both have held up for thousands of rounds. Enjoy.
    I considered the Henry in 45 Colt, but thought .357mag and 38 spcl. ammo is easier to come by, along with the fact I have several revolvers chambered in the later.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I plan on getting lever guns and revolvers in both .357(done) and 45 colt soon. :D Why have just one set! I'll veer toward the Winchesters though I believe. My little Henry Lever Action .22 though(non golden boy octagon barrel) is smooth as butter though. :D

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    I have been looking around over a year for a Henry Big Boy in .357 mag. Yesterday AM went into Martinsville Rural KIng to by a couple of bore mops... And they Angels sang!!! Quite the rush I might add. Thanks to Bill and Kevin at Martinsville Rural King for excellent care and service!
    Can you post any pics? Henry makes a nice rifle.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Henry's are good rifles, my 45lc gets a steady diet of cast lead for low cost shooting and I don't think there's much out there that the Lyman 452651 won't bring down with a big charge of slow powder.

trailrider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    GREENSBURG
    I considered the Henry in 45 Colt, but thought .357mag and 38 spcl. ammo is easier to come by, along with the fact I have several revolvers chambered in the later.

Makes sense. My buddy has one of those and it's a work of art IMO. I have a Rossi and an old Winchester but the action on the Henrys I've shot outclass my lever guns. Congrats on your purchase of a fine rifle!

02roadster

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Foxcliff, Morgan Co.
    Makes sense. My buddy has one of those and it's a work of art IMO. I have a Rossi and an old Winchester but the action on the Henrys I've shot outclass my lever guns. Congrats on your purchase of a fine rifle!

Thank you Sir, it is a beautiful gun. Have shot around 300 rounds through it now and has performed flawless.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Thank you Sir, it is a beautiful gun. Have shot around 300 rounds through it now and has performed flawless.

Awesome! The only upgrade I did was a peep sight. Check out the Skinners if your curious. I am not very good with the stock buckhorns.

02roadster

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Foxcliff, Morgan Co.
    Awesome! The only upgrade I did was a peep sight. Check out the Skinners if your curious. I am not very good with the stock buckhorns.
    1911- Thanks for the input. Could you be a bit more specific in regard to sights for my Henry. I'm not crazy about the stock sights either and don't want a scope on this rifle (want to keep the nostalgic look). Thanks in advance.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Dad bought one last year. Love that thing. With some el cheapo .38 handloads, it's a blast to go all cowboy on a hostile tribe of milk jugs.;)

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Got the Henry Big Boy in .44Mag and love it.

However, if you're considering SASS, you may want to look at a shorter stroke tank of a lever that will take the continuous pounding of SASS...perhaps a Uberti:

SASS%201873%20Rifle%20NORM%20at%2020.JPG

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    1911- Thanks for the input. Could you be a bit more specific in regard to sights for my Henry. I'm not crazy about the stock sights either and don't want a scope on this rifle (want to keep the nostalgic look). Thanks in advance.

Here is a link to the Skinner sight web page: Henry Rifles

This isn't the best picture/ This is the type I like:

I chose the receiver mounted over the barrel mounted. Personal preference. I just removed the rear barrel mounted sight and installed the receiver mounted sight. You might need to replace the front sight to match the rear. I did.

There are other brands too. Marble's, Lyman just to name a few. I chose the Skinner's because you can easily change the aperture size without removing the whole sight. Yeah they are a little pricey. But IMHO are worth it.

Larry

Top Bottom