• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fyver

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Anyone have any experience with these? Was looking at picking one up. And ideas on a fair price? Thanks in advance guys!

following2dp

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Fishers
    My first rifle was a Henry, bought it at Walmart years ago for only 200 bucks. I'm not entirely familiar with what they go for today, but I do know they are one hell of a fun rifle, especially for new shooters. If I'm teaching someone to shoot I always bring out my Henry. Its easy to aim, the trigger is buttersmooth on mine, loading it is a bit of a pain but other than that its a great firearm to learn on. I also like that from a distance it is easy to see if the breech is open and the chamber is clear. When I was first learning how to shoot, I dry fired it alot. Unlike alot of .22 firearms, the henry doesn't seem to be damaged by dry fire practice. Might want to research more into that if you want to dry fire, but my personal experience is such that it's had no negative impact.
    Mine has always been very acurate too. I used to shoot plastic army men consistantly at the 25m pistol range at Wilbur and never had any troubles on the rifle range.
    If you're looking to unload some rounds, you load up to 21 rounds of .22 short in them as well, which seem to last forever lol
    Only real grip I have is that the finish is cheap. It looks nice,but if you ever put something on the rimfire rail you can expect it to flake off, also abrasive bore brushes have put a scratch or two on my finish. The wood is superb tough.

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    I just picked one up a couple days ago new for $289. It's the blue round barrel model H001.

Haven't shot it yet so no real experience with it other than the action is buttery smooth.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Great rifle to own, prices today are crazy, get one and you won't be sorry but get plenty of ammo as they like to eat all you have.

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    I bought a Golden Boy back in September 2012. GREAT little rifle, smoother action than my other more expensive lever guns.Also their customer service :yesway:after the sale is awesome. I recommend you buy one you will be glad you did.

remman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    Well I'm just gonna chime in with what everybody else has already said; get it! I have a golden boy and I love it. To second what has been previously stated, it is the smoothest action I have ever seen. You will NOT regret it.

saberstar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 19, 2012
    Bloomington, IN
    Bought 1 at the gunshow around September? Anyway, it shoots well no jams and is accurate. It didnt come oiled so had to oil it up at the range. Good gun :yesway:.

Far as price I paid $265 out the door. I thought that wasn't to bad. Good luck finding .22's though.

GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.
    You'll never regret buying a Henry. Best customer service I've ever seen. You can literally call Henry and if he's there (almost always) ask to and speak with Anthony Imperato the owner and president. I've spoken with him twice since I've owned my H001, and it wasn't because of something being wrong with my Henry...quite the opposite. It was to compliment him on producing such a first class product.

I purchased my Henry at MC Sports in Bloomington and paid $249.00 for it on sale almost two years ago. In my opinion you can pay more for a rifle, but you can't buy a better rifle than a Henry.

I'm not sure if Anthony is an INGO member, but I do know he visits INGO.

fyver

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Great, thanks for all of the input guys! Definitely makes me feel better about pulling the trigger *literally and figuratively*...

:)

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    Exactly where I was looking. Now I'm debating between the std. lever action vs. a Golden boy.

I bought the standard blue because this gun is one i'm going to use for hunting and plinking quite often. I just see the Golden boy as a piece for the wall and very limited range time.

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    Exactly where I was looking. Now I'm debating between the std. lever action vs. a Golden boy.

I just picked up an H001 yesterday at Terre Haute Guns for $267. Great group of guys, and dang good prices to boot. Anyway, to your dilemma... If you're thinking about a Golden Boy and haven't shouldered one, you need to. The rake of the stock is completely different from the regular one. I always wanted a Golden Boy until I shouldered one. Plus you're going to pay a pretty penny more.

GI JOE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Great rifle! I've had one for about 10 years that I take camping and backpacking with me. It's got some "character" now a days but its always fired true. You can't go wrong with one

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom