• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • deputy1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    Can anyone tell me how to go about getting a class III transfer from one dealer to another. I purchase a supressed 22/45 ruger from Wyatts sporting goods over a year ago. I called several time to him to check on the transfer and was told everything was in process. The last time I called which 2 weeks ago he claims ATF never got the paper work. This has been ongoing since 12/07.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    10°17'42.48"N 85°5
    Can anyone tell me how to go about getting a class III transfer from one dealer to another. I purchase a supressed 22/45 ruger from Wyatts sporting goods over a year ago. I called several time to him to check on the transfer and was told everything was in process. The last time I called which 2 weeks ago he claims ATF never got the paper work. This has been ongoing since 12/07.

where are you located.

Lawguns

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Are you an Indiana resident? If so it should be on a form 4, they are running 4-6 months right now depending on your examiner. Form 3's should be 3-4 weeks faxed in. They were 1-2 weeks but my last one is still pending. Depending on what you want to do we can help. However a dealer is going to charge you for handling a class 3 transfer. I have done this a few times for customers of Sunset firearms before they went out of business. Our transfer cost for class 3 is $75 per item. As much as I would love to take your money and your business I have to say the cost of the silencer is not really worth another $75, unless you got a really good deal. I would try to get your money back and start over.
    If you are out of state and trying to have the gun transferred to your dealer there I would just have him refax the form 3.
    As for the dealer following up on the transfer. To be honest, I used to call every week and get a status on the transfers. I no longer do that. Now unless the customer asks I don't track the transfer I just wait. I have had form 4's that took one year and ones that took one month. I gave up trying to figure out the ATF. I also find calling does not speed up the system. Once I see that the gun is in the system and the check has been cashed I just wait. I do give the ATF number to the customer if they want to call every week that is cool and if there is a problem I will try to fix it if I can. But over all, I just wait because the ATF could do most of this in a month but it takes them 4-6 months and in the end I just get upset and want to shoot the phone.

Top Bottom