• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I’m having a hard time finding an easy solution for recording a cell phone conversation. Putting it on speaker and using a digital recorder isn’t ideal because of background noise. All the apps I’ve found require some weird 3-way call thing.

Is there some device I can plug into my iPhone’s port to record a conversation? I’ve looked at Bluetooth digital recorders but they don’t seem to do what I want.

This isn’t something I’ll be using regularly. Part of my job sometimes necessitates needing to record a call on the fly. I just need an easy solution to that.

Thoughts?

qwerty

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2010
    NWI
    They do make a bluetooth call recorder, you can find it on amazon for around $100. I used to use one called Minah years ago and it worked okay.
    You can also use a standard digital recorder with an Olympus TP-8 earpiece and it will record both sides. They run about $20 and are very reliable.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    They do make a bluetooth call recorder, you can find it on amazon for around $100. I used to use one called Minah years ago and it worked okay.
    You can also use a standard digital recorder with an Olympus TP-8 earpiece and it will record both sides. They run about $20 and are very reliable.
    For $17 on Amazon, I’ll give it a shot.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    And dont count on anything that connects to the lightning port. Im sure apple will see recording as bad and protect us from it.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I’m having a hard time finding an easy solution for recording a cell phone conversation. Putting it on speaker and using a digital recorder isn’t ideal because of background noise. All the apps I’ve found require some weird 3-way call thing.

Is there some device I can plug into my iPhone’s port to record a conversation? I’ve looked at Bluetooth digital recorders but they don’t seem to do what I want.

This isn’t something I’ll be using regularly. Part of my job sometimes necessitates needing to record a call on the fly. I just need an easy solution to that.

Thoughts?

Amazon product ASIN B0034I75IK
    Keep it simple.

Though this jack is supposed to be for a "tape recorder", any recording device will work....just match the jack and input.

I never cease to be amazed at how complicated folks want to make things by limiting their choices to what is common in the current time.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Keep it simple.

Though this jack is supposed to be for a "tape recorder", any recording device will work....just match the jack and input.

I never cease to be amazed at how complicated folks want to make things by limiting their choices to what is common in the current time.
    I miss Radio Shack.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    :oldwise:

Our first business computer, in 1985, was a Tandy, probably the 1000 or 2000 model. It did the job. First email address was through AOL. I have a good friend that still has an AOL email address.

:fogey:

I have a good friend that still has an earthlink email account. :n00b: He's an INGO member, so I won't name him. :):

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Keep it simple.

I dont think that will work. Thats for old school corded phone handsets. At least it probably wont work with a smartphone.
    That was first thought too, and I immediately remembered using them for work and that it most likely wouldn’t work for a cell phone.

Man, I am getting old.

Top Bottom