• ...and so much more!
  • raycejones

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 24, 2023
    Ferdinand
    1000005263.jpg Hi, so I was gifted a .22 hornet rifle and have ZERO clue as to the make or model. I cant find any identifying markers other than a "Guns and Ammo" medalion in the stock. Can anyone help? Was this like a prize or special order? 1000005264.jpg 1000005265.jpg 1000005266.jpg

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Farquharson style gun, I think there were a number of gun makers here in the states copied his style.

jcj54

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    NE
    It is a Swiss or German built Martini style action sporting rifle made pre WW2. There were many individual gunmakers in that era making similar guns. Not a Farquharson, the big screw at the top rear of the receiver is the pivot for the block. Because it is not a factory built rifle parts would have to be custom made if repairs are needed. The lever mechanism is different than a true Martini but works in a similar fashion. Many of these were brought back by GIs as souvenirs after WW2.
    Close up pics of markings would help.

jcj54

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    NE
    The G&A pin and Hornet cases look like they were done by a previous owner. The repair around the pivot screw area quite likely done in the US. I have seen a fair number of Swiss and German single shots over the years that were made by individual makers that had similar styling but the actions were all unique to the maker looking similar but different from each other.

raycejones

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 24, 2023
    Ferdinand
    Hey! Sorry I didnt reply, for some reason my notifications werent popping into my email! I can definately get better pictures of the markings. When I was gifted the gun I was given a story that definately put it in the wrong time period. I took it to several shops and one tried to tell me it wasnt any specific gun, but a sort of "Frankenstein gun". I dont think that is correct given who the collecter it belonged to before the person who gifter was given it. Is it even a .22 hornet? I apologize, this isnt really my "style" of gun as far as the style and era and appreciate the help! Long reply over ^_^

Top Bottom