Help Biggest dilemma ever (Appleseed v. 1500)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • schwaky18

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Lizton, IN (Hendricks County)
    For Christmas break I always go down to Florida to visit my parents. This year I was planning on returning on the 8 to attend the important 1500 (so I can spend even more money). However, it has come to my attention that Appleseed going to be going on within 30 miles of where I will be staying in Myakka, FL, January 10 & 11. I have been wanting to attend one and, since the schedule for next year doesn't seem like they will be very close, this might be my only opportunity for the coming year. However, it’s the 1500 and who knows how many more of these there will be (at least ones with EBRs)

Is Appleseed worth missing the 1500?

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    IMO the 1500's will come and go but having a chance to experience the invaluable training offered at the Apple Seed may be a life saver. The weather will be great in Florida and it will be cold and blustery in Indiana. No problem for me, I'd do the training while I can.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    For Christmas break I always go down to Florida to visit my parents. This year I was planning on returning on the 8 to attend the important 1500 (so I can spend even more money). However, it has come to my attention that Appleseed going to be going on within 30 miles of where I will be staying in Myakka, FL, January 10 & 11. I have been wanting to attend one and, since the schedule for next year doesn't seem like they will be very close, this might be my only opportunity for the coming year. However, it’s the 1500 and who knows how many more of these there will be (at least ones with EBRs)

Appleseed is worth it without question.

Is shopping for camping gear or going camping with trained experts more fun? Is buying ammo or shooting at a range more fun? Is pushing through crowds seeking the same missing deal you are looking for, or hanging with people of like minds listening to the shooting heratige of this country more fun?

Frankly, the 1500's now are like eye candy with expensive prices. I would rather visit a local dealer or a pawn shop than a big show. I am under no illusions that I will be the one guy to find the deal that no-one else saw or that was underpriced. Mostly I find the show a fascinating experiment in economics and pricing.

Go pop off 300-400 rounds, learn a new skill, and find out what once made Americans the best riflemen on the earth.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Appleseed is worth it without question.

Is shopping for camping gear or going camping with trained experts more fun? Is buying ammo or shooting at a range more fun? Is pushing through crowds seeking the same missing deal you are looking for, or hanging with people of like minds listening to the shooting heratige of this country more fun?

Frankly, the 1500's now are like eye candy with expensive prices. I would rather visit a local dealer or a pawn shop than a big show. I am under no illusions that I will be the one guy to find the deal that no-one else saw or that was underpriced. Mostly I find the show a fascinating experiment in economics and pricing.

Go pop off 300-400 rounds, learn a new skill, and find out what once made Americans the best riflemen on the earth.

:+1:
    Appleseed. No question. FYI, the first confirmed Appleseed of 2009 in IN will be in Auburn in May. Hawkhavn said that there will be events before that, but none are yet confirmed venues. Given the possibility that none will confirm prior to that, I would without question get that training.
    It's a plus that 1/11 & 1/12 are still before Barry Hussein has any opportunity to write an Executive Order forbidding firearms training to anyone who isn't wearing a uniform and/or a badge.

I'm just sayin'....

Blessings,
    B

schwaky18

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Lizton, IN (Hendricks County)
    It's a plus that 1/11 & 1/12 are still before Barry Hussein has any opportunity to write an Executive Order forbidding firearms training to anyone who isn't wearing a uniform and/or a badge.

I'm just sayin'....

Blessings,
    B

:+1:You present the best argument.

I figured this would be the response, just wanted to make sure. I hate to miss the 1500 but you guys are right the deals are not there anymore and I can find them other places.

The website doesn't show any in IN, so thats why I figured they were not coming here.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    :+1:You present the best argument.

I figured this would be the response, just wanted to make sure. I hate to miss the 1500 but you guys are right the deals are not there anymore and I can find them other places.

The website doesn't show any in IN, so thats why I figured they were not coming here.

The 2009 dates have not been officially announced yet for 2009. There are 10+ already set dates and likely we will have almost double that over the space of the year. Don't fret there will be many.

HOWEVER, don't wait. Go to the one in Jan if you can, especially if it is out of state. There is something amazing about doing an Appleseed in different states and getting together with shooters from the other side of the country. It really brings home how big the shooting community is and how linked we all are both through our past and in our present.

hawkhavn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    SE Idaho
    GO FOR IT!!!

Schwaky, I taught the Myakka Appleseed back in Feb '08, go for it. Myakka is a beautiful range, covered lines, warm sand to practice prone in... And I just checked, PHenry is the Shoot Boss. I am fortunate enough to call him a friend and would literally fly across country to work with him. (Wait I have! Twice! Just don't bunk too close, he snores...) Go get started on the trail, come back from Florida with some tales to tell and hit the local Appleseeds running later in 2009. Like Techres said, we have a bunch here in Indiana getting finalized this week (Evansville, Wabash, Cloverdale, Terre Haute, etc.) Tell PHenry I sent you. Hawkhavn

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    There will be other 1500's. Go to the Appleseed...No brainier...

hawkhavn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    SE Idaho
    Freedom is doubtful, only due to the Sunday starting time restrictions. Not shooting until 1 blows half the day or more and we don't have the time to waste. Riley is just this side of Terre Haute and not much farther, same for Cloverdale. Hawkhavn

Bshaw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    Kokomo
    ARE YOU CRAZY

You must be to even consider coming back to Indiana in Jan for a Gun Show when You can be in Florida doing some top notch firearm training
    Just kidding about that crazy thing :D
    I would stay in Florida besides there may be a gunshow in that area your staying in Florida
    either way have a good time

IUGradStudent

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 1, 2008
    Bloomington, IN
    Freedom is doubtful, only due to the Sunday starting time restrictions. Not shooting until 1 blows half the day or more and we don't have the time to waste. Riley is just this side of Terre Haute and not much farther, same for Cloverdale. Hawkhavn

Makes sense. Riley is certainly reachable for anyone in the Bloomington area. Will keep my eyes peeled, thanks! <end thread jack> :D

Top Bottom