• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • philo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2010
    Peoples Republic of Bloomington
    An excerpt from the Herald Times. Used as part of a critique it's allowed by copyright law.

"Sixty-six students gathered in a lounge space at Briscoe Hall Thursday to listen to an Indiana mom who started an advocacy group for gun control after the tragedy at Sandy Hook. Two days before, the same 66 students heard from Colin Goddard, a survivor of the Virginia Tech shooting massacre.

They are the 66 students who signed up for a fledgling “civic leaders” program at Indiana University...The gun issue was a natural starting point for the program’s director, Paul Helmke, who was hired in January after years as president with the Brady Center’s Campaign To Prevent Gun Violence."

Apparently Helmke has been given a free hand to indoctrinate our kids. The IU "Civic Leader" program has compulsory attendance at lectures twice a week in Briscoe Hall.

This weeks lecturer was Shannon Watts the MDA mom. So far thats two for gun control. Helmke says there will be a speaker on the other side of the issue as well, but doesn't name names. I bet it's not an NRA rep.

cook5oh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    I live in bloomington and went to IU. This is nothing new. They've been indoctrinating kids for a long time. Try having an open discussion about the environment there!

And yet I love this town. It's a weird love-hate relationship.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    An excerpt from the Herald Times. Used as part of a critique it's allowed by copyright law.

"Sixty-six students gathered in a lounge space at Briscoe Hall Thursday to listen to an Indiana mom who started an advocacy group for gun control after the tragedy at Sandy Hook. Two days before, the same 66 students heard from Colin Goddard, a survivor of the Virginia Tech shooting massacre.

They are the 66 students who signed up for a fledgling “civic leaders” program at Indiana University...The gun issue was a natural starting point for the program’s director, Paul Helmke, who was hired in January after years as president with the Brady Center’s Campaign To Prevent Gun Violence."

Apparently Helmke has been given a free hand to indoctrinate our kids. The IU "Civic Leader" program has compulsory attendance at lectures twice a week in Briscoe Hall.

This weeks lecturer was Shannon Watts the MDA mom. So far thats two for gun control. Helmke says there will be a speaker on the other side of the issue as well, but doesn't name names. I bet it's not an NRA rep.

And I bet it's not someone intelligent and educated on the topic, either.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Lifetime Student

...the program’s director, Paul Helmke, who was hired in January after years as president with the Brady Center’s Campaign To Prevent Gun Violence."

How appropriate returning to Bloomington so he can continue his career as a lifetime student. Grew up on Daddy Helmke's money, got a job paid by taxpayers using Daddy Helmke's name recognition, probably spending Daddy's inheritance as fast as he can.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Ever notice that so much of the contempt for America and the Constitution originates at Universities?

abrumlev

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    NE Indy
    I live in bloomington and went to IU. This is nothing new. They've been indoctrinating kids for a long time. Try having an open discussion about the environment there!

And yet I love this town. It's a weird love-hate relationship.

I want out of this town lol.

Top Bottom