• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Jenn

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2014
    Indianapolis
    I'm a college student who is recently new to firearms. I've applied for the lifetime carry license (just have to wait) and I am looking for good quality handgun lessons to take with my mom. When I am not researching, I LOVE to dance! I may not have much to offer based off of firearm knowledge, but I am looking to find friends around here with the firearm interest :)

I do not own any firearms YET:rolleyes:, but I am looking for one for personal protection. I plan on taking at least a couple courses especially before I even think about carrying. These are the models I am thinking about btw:
    Beretta px4 storm subcompact 9mm
    Bersa Thunder uc pro 9
    Springfield XD (m) 9mm
    M&P 9mm compact.
    ^^I'm looking for double stack for my BIG hands with long fingers...not something too small.

I have shot a tiny LCP.... was not for me... a full size 9mm ruger.. and a full sized .357 revolver haha..
    If you could help me out in anyway please feel free to do so :D I have not been able to shoot any of the pistols I am considering.

***I also wish to thank the Gentleman who told me about this site, I am horrible at remembering names and details like that, but I met him at Gander Mtn after the Tri-state Gun show last weekend.

Anyways, Thanks in advance and nice to meet you guys! I hope this wasn't too lengthy lol

-Jenn

nascarfantoo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Western IN
    From Sullivan Co., welcome in INGO!

Your plan sounds like you have thought it out. Their are several good place around Indy to train. Check out the INGO Advertisers - Training section. I know that many like Tactical Firearms Training.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Hi Jenn, and welcome. The NW Ind. INGO members were very helpful when I joined, and I know the Indy members will be also.

Looking forward to having another lady on the board. We're a bit outnumbered. :D

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Indian-noplace
    Hello and welcome.
    Make sure that when you decide to purchase you get something that you're comfortable with and can accurately hit with. Do not purchase based on looks.
    Remember the 4 rules and have fun.

poppy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2012
    South of Indy
    Welcome to INGO! Sounds like you have a well thought out plan. There are gun ranges up in your area that rent guns. Also, check out the FAQ's. They wil help you in navigating this forum.

Gadgetmonster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Southport area
    Welcome Jenn.
    Might look into the Well Armed Woman group. They meet at Beech Grove Firearms monthly. My wife has attended. Many new shooters so it is a great place to learn. You would not be the only one looking for the right gun. They have class time then range time every month.

BGF has rental guns so you can get a better feel for what works best for you. Renting is money well spent.
    Best wishes in your quest.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Sounds like you have a good running start - basic course is always the best way to start. There are a number of links on INGO for training and I encourage you to do a course and fire a number of weapons before making your choice. My wife has a S&W .38 "Lady Smith" for a revolver - very nice piece. The Lady Smith is both single action and double action which is nice for targets and self defense. She carries a P239 Sig 9mm - a little pricey but very fine weapon; used by female LEO and military. I would also encourage you to join a local club or range. What ever you carry, practice with it. Shooting is fun and there are lots of ways to enjoy it - classes - competition - target practice - but, it's important for self defense that you know your weapon of choice. Muscle memory and practice will be your best friend if - GOD FORBID - you ever have to defend yourself or someone you love.

Welcome to INGO!!

nickf2005

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Hola from East Indy.

As said before, look into the women's group at BGF. I've thought about doing the same for my wife, but her schedule isn't very friendly.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clay County
    images

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom