• Status
    Not open for further replies.

KnowAceHere

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2015
    Newburgh
    Hello, fairly soon to be gun owner here. It has been over 25 years since I last fired a handgun (Since I got out of the Army). My wife has finally allowed me to bring a handgun (or any gun for that matter) into our house. We have 3 young children (14 and under) and she believes they are Dangerous to have around our kids. After I first, refresh myself on gun safety, I promised her they too will learn what to do and not to do around guns. With things going the way they are in the world, she too sees we need protection, that is more then a locked door.
    I have applied for my LTCH and will soon be buying my first handgun. I have several friends who carry, including both of my brothers, who are helping me get reacquainted with a handgun and gun safety.
    I haven't picked out a gun yet as they are allowing me to fire theirs to find the one I like best. I am leaning towards an S&W M&P 40 or a Glock 23 Gen4. or maybe going to some 9mm's. There are so many choices out there, it isn't an easy choice. :) The advice I'm giving is just find the one I'm comfortable firing. I guess we will see.
    I have spent several days already looking through this site and it seems very helpful. A lot of content to go through. I like the fact its people from Indiana the most. Anyway, glad to be here.

Last edited:

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Welcome. Sounds like you are putting some thought into firearms ownership and trying to be responsible and safe. Excellent start. Do some searching on kids and guns on the site. There is plenty of good advice here and you can ask additional questions as they occur to you. There is a lot to learn and INGO is a good source.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Howdy! Don't forget a Cricket or something similar for the kids and wife! Take her to the range and see how many weapons sprout in your house!:welcome:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom