Not open for further replies.

DaddyFixSemi

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2011
    Princeton, In
    Hello,

I'd like to take this time to introduce myself to the forums and the people here. I have been a long time supporter the 2nd amendment and avid gun lover. I grew up in western Ky before joining the U.S. Army in 1997 and server my country for 5 years as a military police. i have only just recently found this site and started poking around here and have come to like this place.

Currently the only weapons that I own are a marlin 30-30 win and a .22 long rifle. However i have been giving recent thoughts as to getting my ltch and a handgun or two. The only draw back to that is my wife seems to have a dislike for them, the reason or reasons for which i haven't the foggiest of ideas. I can only hope to wear her down and bring her around to my way of thinking about them.

I hoping to find a range around the evansville area that does handgun rental's so that i can at least take her and teach her how to safely handle and shoot. and in the process help her start overcoming her dislike of handguns, so any help from anyone on here would be appreciated.

i would like to say thanks for welcoming me to the community and i look forward to getting to know all of you and hopefully shooting some targets with some of you people.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Welcome to the group!

:welcome:

Funny, my wife was the same way about handguns. Had no problem shooting trap with me off our back porch and no problem when my daughter decided she wanted to try her hand (at age 3) but when it came to handguns, I respected her wishes and stuck to long guns.

Don't give up hope, but don't push your wife too hard.

Oh, and THANK YOU for your service to this great country!!!!!!!!!

DaddyFixSemi

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2011
    Princeton, In
    thank you guys and for those wondering about the daddy fix semi name it comes from my 6 year old son, when he was just learning to talk it was his first sentence. it has since stuck with me and has even gone on the back window of my truck.

DaddyFixSemi

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2011
    Princeton, In
    goinggreyfast i would responed to your pm but as i'm under the 50 post limit i can't right now. however i don't have any relations down here that i know of my wife is from johnson and i'm from ky so.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    goinggreyfast i would responed to your pm but as i'm under the 50 post limit i can't right now. however i don't have any relations down here that i know of my wife is from johnson and i'm from ky so.

Just asking! Whenever we get down there, a couple of her cousins live down in Point and I bring the guns down and shoot there. Will let you know if you are interested.

Bring your banjo. Just sayin... :D

DaddyFixSemi

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2011
    Princeton, In
    hey i'm always up for trigger time, just let me know the time and place and maybe ammo type and i'll do my best to be there with or without the wife. how well do you know the mt.vernon area? i live next to the posey county sheriffs hq.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    hey i'm always up for trigger time, just let me know the time and place and maybe ammo type and i'll do my best to be there with or without the wife. how well do you know the mt.vernon area? i live next to the posey county sheriffs hq.

Pretty well. I met my wife shortly after I got transferred there for work. I lived over on East Water St. Her parents live very close to the "Posey Co. Hilton" near Munchoff & 6th (Guessing on the cross street).

Hey, have you been to the Sporting Goods store there off 4th behind the Antique Shop? They have pretty good prices on sidearms in there and for the most part are willing to work with you on the price.

Last edited:

DaddyFixSemi

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2011
    Princeton, In
    yeah i've been in there once or twice when i can get away with it from the wife. however getting anything right now in the way of firearms is going to have to wait till the new year when tax check comes in other wise the bills take all of the paychecks.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    yeah i've been in there once or twice when i can get away with it from the wife. however getting anything right now in the way of firearms is going to have to wait till the new year when tax check comes in other wise the bills take all of the paychecks.

Maybe we can get her out to Point to shoot with my wife and I. Stranger things have happened. My Posey Co Girl loves her guns! I'm a blessed man!

Sorry, didn't mean to thread jack. Get your posts up to 50 man! HA!

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Welcome from Evansville.
    Strictly shooting has an indoor range, not sure if they rent guns but I would be willing to meet you down there with a few .22's for her to shoot.

DaddyFixSemi

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2011
    Princeton, In
    well as i told Goinggreyfast, I'm always up for trigger time,, now for the wife it would have to be on the weekend so that we are able to git a sitter for the kids.

you wouldn't happen to have a link or # for Strictly shooting would you, and in the off chance that they don't rent any out just let me know a time and place and i'll bring the wife and some ammo.

I do feel that it would best for her to start out small before moving up in caliber if she ever does at all.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom