• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    +1 There's only one thing better than a dead IED Layer-one that is on fire and looks like swiss cheese.

Dryden

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    N.E. Indianapolis
    Nice shootin'.....
    I like the fact that the crew let the insugents "build a case against them". Just so those CNN reporters can't lie about the event.:yesway:

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    My only question is, why waste a Hellfire on two or three guys? Unless it was an effort to detonate any device that may have been there. Otherwise, 30mm is way cheaper per round (even at today's ammo prices, LOL), and just as effective on personnel targets.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    My only question is, why waste a Hellfire on two or three guys? Unless it was an effort to detonate any device that may have been there. Otherwise, 30mm is way cheaper per round (even at today's ammo prices, LOL), and just as effective on personnel targets.
    While I completely agree with what you say, I'm kinda split on my feelings.

"Why use a 30mm when you can use a Hellfire? Because that is just pure awesomeness!"

kedie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Southeast of disorder.

Like you said, I would think it would be to detonate the IED also so you don't have to endanger the EOD guys.

Nice shootin' either way. Send 'em to hell!

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    :rockwoot: :patriot:

GWOT.gif

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I would like to see them either make these guys blow themselves up with the IED, go out fighting or get captured and ultimately get info/intelligence from them.

Especially if they did not see arms on them, drop some marines and capture them. Like they said, they are NOT going anywhere (soon or easily). Capture them or follow them back to their lair. Note the IED and disarm, defuse, or destroy it while routing all innocents away from it.

But TRY to get more than just two dead jihadists.

If that was the only safe thing to do, then so be it. But I get the bombmakers or others IF YOU CAN!

Other than that, the BOOM looks (as always) impressive, deadly, effective, etc.

Dryden

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    N.E. Indianapolis
    I'm not sure when the video was taken, but capturing them would be a mistake nowadays. Our Dear Leader would probably put them up at the Holiday Inn with room service and free movies. After all their hurt feelings were taken care of, they'd be released back into the wild to hunt again as muslim heroes.
    I liked the chopper pilot's solution.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I like this helicopter smiley!!! :rockwoot::patriot:

I loved the pilot's comment about it being open area basically saying let them TRY to run, lol.
    Good shooting though, Did they actually use the hellfire, or did they just use the 30mm to detonate the IED?

I'd say that was the hellfire in the first boom, and the 30mm they kept missing with! :p

apache.gif

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    have to keep the hellfire lines open. If I recall, the new hellfire they use is specially made for people killing.

correct me if I'm wrong on a tango hell fire missle!

Top Bottom