• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scarecrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2009
    Grissom
    Anyone following the chatter about helicopters over Speedway tonight?
    They have been circling for the last couple hours.
    LEO's say they know nothing about it. "Hearing" air traffic has been diverted.

:shady:

Scarecrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2009
    Grissom
    Oh and just to add a little :tinfoil: to the thread.

Google "Helicopters over cities" and see the news in just the last two months.

Baloo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I saw one when I got home from work tonight. It was higher in the air then what Lifeline, or IMPD normally flies. Really didn't think much of it. Figured it was the news media.

Scarecrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2009
    Grissom
    Fox59 posted on facebook...
    Police don't have any information about a helicopter flying over Speedway, Ind. We'll let you know of any information we receive about it.
    Since then there have been a couple thousand responses to it.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    I'm waaayyy down on the Ohio and there has been a bunch of them flying around here also. A couple that I could see silhouetted against the moon were Chinooks, another sounded like it may have been an Apache. The other 2 or 3 were too far away to identify.
    We do get them flying over once in a while from Ft. Knox but it'll be one or two fly over once and that's it. These were flying around almost like they were looking for something. Also the Chinooks were reeaaaallll low, much lower than usual.

ghostdncr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Louisville
    Major uptick in military helo flights over Louisville within the past two months or so. We have two airports here, but still. Most of these new ones are 4x AH64 flights, which is not something I can see as being a good thing.

Scarecrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2009
    Grissom
    I guess what got my attention most about tonight was that law enforcement didn't have a clue as to what was going on. You would think if it was a military exercise they would have included LEO. Now... DHS, I don't know if they would.
    The people living there that posted on Facebook said they had been flying the same loop for hours then moving to a different location and continuing the same behavior.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    It's part of the governments desensitizing program. If you see them enough and are told it's just for training you'll start to believe it. When they really come for us people will say "Oh, they're just training". ;)

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    Blackhawk over high NE Indy almost every afternoon and evening. Annoying anyway. I used to enjoy seeing military aircraft - now I think it's creepy. Sad.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    I'm not being a smart aleck but what would a helicopter do in a civilian uprising/martial law? Shoot people or what? I guess I'm not sure of there purpose for that. I've always thought of helicopters rescuing someone in a flood or lifeline type deal. Having the ability to move a couple people quickly without an airstrip. Not a massive unrest. Again, not smarting off or starting an argument.

Scarecrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2009
    Grissom
    You mean like this?

[ame="http://www.google.com/search?q=youtube&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&client=safari#q=Helicopter+drills+over+cities+site:youtube.com&sa=X&ei=Q6AlUfX1OZL_qAG72oGABg&ved=0CD0Q2wE&hl=en&client=safari&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&bvm=bv.42661473,d.aWM&fp=5075081812dbbf0d&biw=768&bih=928"]Helicopter+drills+over+cities+site:youtube.com[/ame]

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    I'm not being a smart aleck but what would a helicopter do in a civilian uprising/martial law? Shoot people or what? I guess I'm not sure of there purpose for that. I've always thought of helicopters rescuing someone in a flood or lifeline type deal. Having the ability to move a couple people quickly without an airstrip. Not a massive unrest. Again, not smarting off or starting an argument.

Seriously?

Helos are among the most potent ground attack and close air support weapons in the military's arsenal. Not to mention the surveillance capabilities using IR and HD cameras from a very long way.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Seriously?

Helos are among the most potent ground attack and close air support weapons in the military's arsenal. Not to mention the surveillance capabilities using IR and HD cameras from a very long way.

They can also bring in large numbers of troops and equipment in relatively short time spans. They can easily put armed troops in any large parking lot, wide street or highway in a matter of minutes and take "subjects/prisoners/militants" out just as fast.

Top Bottom