• ...and so much more!
  • Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    Have you ever wanted a firearm that is scarce , the ammo is crazy high priced, the rifle itself is crazy high priced and you have absolutely no earthly use for it besides going to the range and shooting it? For some time now I have been wanting just such a firearm. The Winchester 94 XTR in 7-30 waters. I truly have no use for one, but they are just dang sexy and historical. Anyone else ever experience this delima?:ugh:

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Have you ever wanted a firearm that is scarce , the ammo is crazy high priced, the rifle itself is crazy high priced and you have absolutely no earthly use for it besides going to the range and shooting it? For some time now I have been wanting just such a firearm. The Winchester 94 XTR in 7-30 waters. I truly have no use for one, but they are just dang sexy and historical. Anyone else ever experience this delima?:ugh:
    No not really

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I have a rifle chambered in 6.5x53R. I reload it, but the brass is expensive, and the stuff I bought turned out to be remanufactured from .303 Brit brass. It's pricey by my standards! :):

But I really wanted that rifle, so yes, I get where you're coming from.

It's the one on top in this pic.
    1691017574373.jpeg

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    You just described a solid 60%+ of my firearms purchases, lol!

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    I’ve always wanted one of those too :):

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    7-30 Waters ammo is readily available on the open market.
    A $1.50 a round, really isn't crazy expensive.

crookcountygo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 28, 2022
    Indiana
    I've never wanted any rare or scarce firearms, but I often have to talk my self out of buying a lever action in .357 or a Springfield Armory M1A. I have no practical use for either gun, but I want them pretty bad.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    I've never wanted any rare or scarce firearms, but I often have to talk my self out of buying a lever action in .357 or a Springfield Armory M1A. I have no practical use for either gun, but I want them pretty bad.
    I got a .357 lever gun, and want to be buried with it...the M1A is my absolute bucket gun, finally found a lefty bolt gun in .308, an M1A would be icing on the cake ( gotta win the lottery though, else, it ain't happening) OP, I've always tried to stick with readily available ammo, and guns, just to keep costs down (not having a lot of money helps with that)

Last edited:

erasure

komm süßer tod
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2020
    merrrerrrmrerrerverre
    Wow, magazines that are hand-fitted to each rifle so that they're not interchangeable? How in the world did this become a selling point?
    good question, model 8 dates back to 1911, not exactly a time period of still figuring out how interchangeable mags would work. Maybe every one was a retrofit to guns already in inventory?

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    About the closest I came to that scenario was buying a Marlin 444SS back in 1988 for a whopping $239 in Jacksonville , NC. Ended up trading it on a TC Contender 357 when I moved up here to IN . I would sure give $239 to have it back again! At least I still have the TC 357.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    good question, model 8 dates back to 1911, not exactly a time period of still figuring out how interchangeable mags would work. Maybe every one was a retrofit to guns already in inventory?
    I have a model 8 Remington in .35 Remington, but mine has an internal magazine that holds 5 rounds.
    The way I understood it was that at first, the removable box magazines holding 15 rounds were initially only built/offered to law enforcement.
    With no regulations against them, they eventually made it into civilian firearms.

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    7-30 Waters ammo is readily available on the open market.
    A $1.50 a round, really isn't crazy expensive.

Thanks. You are right. Thats not to bad? I guess I never thought to look on Sportsmans. I always looked on GB where it is much higher.

Top Bottom