• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dorky_D

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    This is an important week to keep up the pressure on our reps. Do not let them think they can just sweep stuff under the rug. The Universal Background Check legislation is coming up. The UN Treaty is coming too.

Use the link in my signature, or roll your own message in this link.
    ELECTED OFFICIALS

It does not have to be complicated. Try something like the following:
    No new gun laws. No universal background check! No UN Treaty! No assault weapons ban! No magazine ban! No new gun laws! Enforce the laws we have!

Please do this even if you do not want to and even if you think it is pointless. Opinions do matter! Sometimes votes on stuff can be swayed by as many as 5 calls or emails.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Between NRA-ILA, Gun owners of America, and the 2nd amendment foundation, I have sent emails or post cards to the State Governor, the representatives, and the Senators almost every day for the last couple months.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    For what it's worth, I just sent off another letter to Senator Donnelly asking him not to make me a criminal for giving a firearm to my child, or selling one to my brother without first having to get approval from the federal government.

Mike H

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Vincennes
    I have sent a lot of E mails.
    I got back a few responses in the beginning.
    I have not received a response in awhile.
    I guess they are tired of hearing from me.
    Is this happening to everyone else?

dweezil

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Fishers
    I've sent an email to Donnelly

I never got a response from my first email from some time ago. I think to myself...hhhmmm, maybe the intern won't even bother to read it if it the title smacks of 2A. So my follow up is sent under the heading of civil liberties. I can do that since the ACLU expressed concerns regarding the UBC right :):

Dorky_D

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    I have stopped getting letters from a lot...except Andre sends out his automated message, and makes no attempt to even touch the subject.

I did get a call from Brent Waltz office. He had sent me a letter in very strong support and the person asked if I had any questions. Nope!

farmingirish

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Gun manufactures like Ruger, Smith and Wesson and Remington have an easy process for sending either a composed letter or one of your own making. I have been going to these sites every day and sending e-mails to keep up the pressure. This is the time to really make a difference.

Viper1973

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    Been calling and emailing twice a day since December. On my fourth book of stamp as well.

Today, saw Harry Reid on CSPAN flaunting a photo of the kid graves. Caled his office as well and told them a mouthful. Told them it was discussing and blatantly exploitive and that he should be ashamed of himself. Also reminded all of them that they work for US, not king Obama and his rich knob friends.

wethepeople

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2013
    Shelby County
    Donnelly is sick and tired of hearing from me. I guarantee he will go with the gun grabbers. I hope I am wrong. Coats has heard from me also I was surprised that he sign on with Rand Paul.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Need more hits on Donnelly. We can possibly get him to vote AGAINST the motion for cloture. It might be an out for him. He won't have to vote for or against a gun control bill if it can be stopped by voting against the motion to proceed. Call him, call him, call him!

Top Bottom