Have no Answers to my question? Call me what I want or go to jail.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    I agree that the officer put up with way too much, if it was me, I would have left at the first sign that he didn't want to cooperate.

Bingo. The LEO should have just left.

I dont think the guy was being terribly rude. I can understand how frustrating it would be to have someone bug you, then not accept your answers. Chances are this wasnt the first time he has been asked about this guy too. My uncle used my grandparent's address as his legal address, even though he rarely stayed there. When he was out of prison, the police frequently waited on the road in front of their house for him, and several times asked my grandparents where he was, when he would be back, etc. He was not wanted, they just wanted to talk to him about this or that. After he was arrested again (this time in Michigan, not Indiana) the police would still occasionally show up for this or that and ask my grandparents questions, despite the fact that he was currently incarcerated. They told different officers this several times, but for the first few months would still occasionally have someone stop by.

Some people will put up with that and answer the questions every single time, others are going to get annoyed. Whether this was the first time, or whether this was the 100th time, the guy had every right to state he did not want to speak to the officer, and the officer had no real reason to arrest him, other than to try to intimidate him, which is an abuse of power, IMO.

Top Bottom