Has anyone installed a binary trigger in an ar?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gd999

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 24, 2020
    Indianapolis
    I just got mine in today.

any advice? It comes with two different buffer springs. Heavy and medium.

B40B

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 29, 2020
    Valparaiso
    Find an instructional youtube video on that specific trigger, take your time, won't be too bad. I have two so far and they were pretty straight forward to install.

As for the buffer springs that will be dependent on what round you are using. Have some fun and experiment. It'll just boil down to which one runs the best.

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    I used the buffer spring that was already in my AR and it worked fine. Proof will be in the pudding. You will not know for sure till you have ran a few magazines of ammo through it. I also installed the Franklin Armory®BFSIII™. I installed it on an 11.5" pistol. NOTE: Do not skip the page of safety checks that came with it.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I have a couple binary triggers. One in an AR-22 and one in a Sig MCX. I did not use the buffer spring that came with the binary trigger on the AR-22 and I have had zero issues. I am pretty sure the instructions that come with it say to use the spring they provide ONLY if you are experiencing reliability issues.

Gd999

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 24, 2020
    Indianapolis
    I have a couple binary triggers. One in an AR-22 and one in a Sig MCX. I did not use the buffer spring that came with the binary trigger on the AR-22 and I have had zero issues. I am pretty sure the instructions that come with it say to use the spring they provide ONLY if you are experiencing reliability issues.
    I wanted to upgrade my ar15s with the zeiselle buffer and springs. H2 and H3. Hoping to use one on this build.

rb288

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 14, 2019
    Grovertown
    I put one in my 300blk sbr, 8.25" barrel.
    It works great both suppressed and unsuppressed.
    It was hard to get used to, after a while, I got so I could do a mag dump easily.
    Uses to much ammo, though, so I only use it in a fast double tap function.

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county

Mine came assembled with slave pins in place. Simply drop in and push them out with your trigger pins. Mine is in a S&W 15-22. Fun!

Gd999

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 24, 2020
    Indianapolis
    I also just got a CMMG 22LR conversion kit for the ar. Just a quick BCG swap that I can move to another ar if I want. Came with three 25 round mags. Just picked up 1k 22LR. I haven’t been into this hobby before the summer, so I felt like I got a good deal on the ammo.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I have 4 of the Fostech sport triggers that are less expensive with the little binary switch by the trigger. Worked great even using the Kynshot hydraulic buffer except when installed on my PSA glock 9 lower. I'm using a tungsten buffer but need to buy an adjustable weight buffer as that was suggested by a very trusted resource.

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states

I.would use heavy and if it cycles good, leave the heavy

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Mason513

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 15, 2020
    NWI
    I’ve put in 3 echo (original, not sport) triggers. Yes, I’ve had springs and parts go flying EVERYWHERE. It can be annoying for sure. I like to look at YouTube in case of issues.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I’ve put in 3 echo (original, not sport) triggers. Yes, I’ve had springs and parts go flying EVERYWHERE. It can be annoying for sure. I like to look at YouTube in case of issues.
    After a few builds/mods it is so much easier. You know where to hold things and when to use your hands to block possibly flying parts.

Also having spares at the ready is never a bad idea. Spring/pin kits are not in the least expensive. I have what would amount to at least 2 complete sets of spares.

Mason513

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 15, 2020
    NWI
    After a few builds/mods it is so much easier. You know where to hold things and when to use your hands to block possibly flying parts.

Also having spares at the ready is never a bad idea. Spring/pin kits are not in the least expensive. I have what would amount to at least 2 complete sets of spares.
    Spares for binary triggers? I’ve not seen that, you have a source?

Gd999

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 24, 2020
    Indianapolis
    Got the trigger installed tonight. Everything went smooth until I tried to install the selector switch. The clearances where it contacts the trigger to do its thing are so tight it seems to be binding up. Has anyone had issues with this? Back to trouble shooting. I guess if I don’t like it, I doubt I have much trouble selling it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Got the trigger installed tonight. Everything went smooth until I tried to install the selector switch. The clearances where it contacts the trigger to do its thing are so tight it seems to be binding up. Has anyone had issues with this? Back to trouble shooting. I guess if I don’t like it, I doubt I have much trouble selling it.
    Pics man. You need pics.

Top Bottom