• ...and so much more!
  • turkeykiller

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    lafayette
    And if the last blog entry did not get you going… GretaWire

New York Post ( Jennifer Keil and Chuck Bennet) is reporting that Citigroup, who is burning throught a $45 BILLION taxpayer funded rescue, just pushed through a purchase at their company for a new $50 million dollar corporate jet.

And if you have not had enough, how about this? the $50 million dollar jet isn’t even American made so that Americans have jobs ! It is a French built jet!!

Here are some pics of the fancy jet your rescue money is helping the company buy…isn’t it nice that they can fly in comfort? leather seats and leather sofas and an entertainment system (on YOUR dime?) (why can’t they at least watch a movie on their laptops and save probably $50,000!!!)

:xmad::xmad::xmad:

When are we going to say we have had enough!

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    The investment banks accomplished a remarkably successful coup d'etat. That treasonous snake Paulson was the inside man. They destroyed the economy, elected Obama possibly destroying the nation, and got paid to do it. You can't make up stuff this off the wall.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    We have no one to blame but ourselves on this one.
    The majority of the america people said NO to the bailout and Congress still passed it and then the american people choose not to toss those <insert cuss words here> out of congress!

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To All,

I called Senator Bayh...

I called Senator Luger...

I called Congressman Souder....

TWICE!!!

I called on the first vote and the second vote.

Senator Bayhs office was good enough to call me back.

Congressman Souder sent me a letter explaining how important this bailout was.

Senator Luger ignored me... :(

The bailout was stupid.

The waste is stupid.

The limits they placed on the banks were stupid (because there WERE NONE!)

I say good for the banks!!! :rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot:

I say they should throw billion dollar parties!!!:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Congress (and Pres Bush) were DUMB enough to write the bailout (I mean party funds).

If I were running one of those banks I'd seriously think about pulling a Denny Crane and hiring two hot hookers every night for a YEAR! Why not? Congress didn't tell them not to.

:twocents:

Sincerely,

Doug

PS - It is sad...

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I hear you Libertarian01.

I'll give my REP a +1 because while he is ANTI-GUN (Pete Visckl...) he did vote both times in the HOUSE against the bailout! I called and emailed Byah and Luger and got no reply from either. =(

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    What has failed to be said is BOTH parties failed us. We had a president elect calling for the bailout and a PRESIDENT. The whole thing was misguided from the start. I called and wrote letters to no avail.

I am now a party line voter.

All 3rd party. Regardless.

+1 for libertarian.

txgho1911

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    DFW
    Not a Spinger (we shouldn't use that kind of name so clearly) but I do know where a Rhino is likely to be this weekend. Very tempting.

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    What has failed to be said is BOTH parties failed us. We had a president elect calling for the bailout and a PRESIDENT. The whole thing was misguided from the start. I called and wrote letters to no avail.

I am now a party line voter.

All 3rd party. Regardless.

+1 for libertarian.

+1

That option is looking better all the time.

jsgolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Greenwood
    That mentality is hard to fathom. Why did it take "rebukes from politicians" to cancel those plans? That's what makes it so damn hard to fight the bastards. If you can't think as evil as they can, it's often hard to tell which front to guard.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I say put the SS to some good use and go get our money back. Take it all back from those banks, let the fall, then allow the smaller banks to swallow up the leftovers! Capitalism is a bitch when you fall, but that's how the cookie is SUPPOSE to crumble....

Top Bottom