• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yournamehere

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    Im curious if there are any shops (not backyard DIY) that do hard anodizing and will do completed 80% lowers in the state and the north part in particular? I have found a couple places not local or in state that do it and they are not really cheap but may go that route if I have to. I dont want to do the home kits because of the potential mess and just to do a handfull of lowers.

yournamehere

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    I'm tagging this cause I'm interested too, but in the end I may break down and do the battery anodizing route.

I may be wrong but another reason I have come accross in my search on home anodizing is the home kits dont generate enough current to do a top level hard anodizing. Before the home brew guys get mad I said I may be wrong but I have worked with electrodeposition systems before in auto plants and it takes a LOT of current.
    Plus the fact is its not a hobby I want to start and have no intention of doing anything other than a handfull of lowers. So I hope this doesnt turn into a home kit debate. Im not interested in it period. Im interested in a shop that has the right equipment to do the job.

yournamehere

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    Thanks for the leads so far. I have them all noted and bookmarked for later. Going to be a month or two before Im ready probably.

Top Bottom