• ...and so much more!
  • daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    88   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Happy Father's Day.

VFW Post 1279 would like to thank every father out there who was attentive to his children... and their mother. A growing child needs a positive influence with good parenting, and a good father is an indispensable part of that equation.

Of course, being a veterans organization, we offer special thanks to those fathers who lost so much time with their children as they were away from home in the service of their nation... They were making the world a better / safer place for them in the future.

Above all... we offer thanks for those fathers who gave their lives for this nation, never to see their children again, and for the countless young men, who died, having given up their chance to ever become a father.

VFW Father's Day.jpg

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Don`t underestimate the impact Father`s can have on not just their children, but the country, and therefore, the world. A father, (daddy), who loves his children, disciplines his children, is mindful of the example they`re setting for their children even when they don`t think they are, is a blessing to that child and his nation.
    Pray for fatherless households, because they have a pressing need that again, impacts the entire country.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    88   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Don`t underestimate the impact Father`s can have on not just their children, but the country, and therefore, the world. A father, (daddy), who loves his children, disciplines his children, is mindful of the example they`re setting for their children even when they don`t think they are, is a blessing to that child and his nation.
    Pray for fatherless households, because they have a pressing need that again, impacts the entire country.
    One of the biggest reasons I have such animosity towards the lefties. They work so hard at destroying the family unit. I mean look at my user name... I was a soldier for 28 years, but my children were my priority.... and STILL one of them got radicalized on the web, and is now a leftie.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    One of the biggest reasons I have such animosity towards the lefties. They work so hard at destroying the family unit. I mean look at my user name... I was a soldier for 28 years, but my children were my priority.... and STILL one of them got radicalized on the web, and is now a leftie.
    I believe prayer can be powerful. Pray for your prodigal child. Read that story in the Scriptures, (Luke 15: 11-32), and stay close and show them the unconditional love you have for them. It will be ok.

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    Feel for you. I had the oldest go away to IU and she came out almost a flaming liberal. Have two other kids and two step-kids who did not “go away” to college and they haven’t changed one whit.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I believe prayer can be powerful. Pray for your prodigal child. Read that story in the Scriptures, (Luke 15: 11-32), and stay close and show them the unconditional love you have for them. It will be ok.

One of my favorite stories once I understood the definition of prodigal.

It has the prodigal son.
    It has the prodigal father.
    It has the elder brother that, despite his efforts, seems to have missed altogether the entire point of the relationships between all of them.

Last edited:

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

Top Bottom