• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KomboJoe

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2013
    Paragon
    I've never been a fan of the hot hands for long term "just in case." I've had a couple of times when I've opened them and nothing. I don't know if the factory didn't seal them correctly or if they were just too old. I keep two zippo refillable hand warmers in my bag with some fuel in a sealed box. I also normally keep 2 of the electric hand warmers in there with charging cables. In my hiking pack I also keep a 40watt folding flexible solar panel with them.
    I've never had luck with the electric hand warmers. They all run out of power way too fast.

Gunsmiff12B

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 13, 2016
    South bend
    I work construction, and as mentioned above, I went to the usb rechargeable ones, I usually carry two when the weather starts to turn, which is more than enough to get through a cold winter day. I’ve never had an issue with them, and they double as a back up power bank if I need to charge a phone or something.

12many

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    over there
    Our son has coached high school hockey for the last 6-8 years and we buy him hand warmers for when he is on the bench.
    Going through some of his old stuff I came across an unopened bag of hand warmers.

My guess is they have been in a plastic storage tub in the basement for at least 3 years.
    IMG_3850.jpg
    Out of curiosity I opened the bag and took one out.
    Took one out of the package to try it out. I have never used hand warmers before, but this one is getting warm and would probably make a hand in a glove nice and cozy.
    IMG_3852.jpg

12many

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    over there
    Our son has coached high school hockey for the last 6-8 years and we buy him hand warmers for when he is on the bench.
    Going through some of his old stuff I came across an unopened bag of hand warmers.

My guess is they have been in a plastic storage tub in the basement for at least 3 years.
    View attachment 314949
    Out of curiosity I opened the bag and took one out.
    Took one out of the package to try it out. I have never used hand warmers before, but this one is getting warm and would probably make a hand in a glove nice and cozy.
    View attachment 314950
    Yea, it's getting nice and warm

Top Bottom