• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    I have a lockbox with a simplex lock (don't know the brand, I got it thru the NRA). I like it's simplicity--and no batteries.

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    DO NOT GET A GUNVAULT!

I have had 4... EVERY SINGLE ONE HAS DIED ON ME!

I have had 2 regular Gunvault Multi Delux models and both suddenly stopped working when the little wire that winds up each time you open it snapped. They were about 3 years old. They were both purchased around 2008-2009.

I have had 2 of the micro-vault models die on me (both just over a year old). They both had the keypad stopped working. This is the same keypad that all the new models have (which I dislike when they do work). I know it wasn't just a bad lot either because they were bought sequentially. It being the 3rd one to die on me, I was pissed. So I bought a 2nd and took the old one back in its place. I SHOULD have put a note inside it telling GunVault to **** off so they would know what happened when the retailer sent it back.

If only one had died I would say perhaps it was a fluke. Those things do happen. But that is all 4 I have had. All DEAD!

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Just got my Ft Knox Original last Friday. I bet ours were in the same batch!

Great option for pistols-- this and the V-line were two of the few that used Simplex locks.

JH

Skywired

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Aug 14, 2010
    Cicero
    Gun Vault Bio for me....Your choice: fingerprint, keypad, or key. Mine is mounted on my bed frame.... I drop my arm..insert finger...door drops open...Taurus Judge drops into my hand: 'Hello Boys~~How Ya Be:)'

No concerns for me: I'm satisfied :yesway:

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    My GunVault Bio has worked great for the last two years and has even been on the plane with me once. Haven't even changed the batteries yet...probably will do that right now though while I'm thinking of it. GunVault Bio might not last forever, but I'd be happy with it lasting a few years at least, which is probably better than most competitors. I ordered a less expensive one and it didn't wok out of the box so I had to return it. In short, love my GunVault, would buy another, and quality is serious.

That Ft. Knox looks real good. But it also costs twice as much, so it should. Looks like a winner if you can afford it.

Top Bottom