• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NWIeng

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Hammond
    Stopped by there this morning to test other threads saying that Walmart stocks ammo shelves nightly...

Turns out to be somewhat true, considering they had six boxes of Blazer 9mm for $8.97. Outside of Blythe's, this was the first of any fmj 9mm I had seen in more than a month. And Blythe's wanted around $15/box for a really no-name brand.

There were three boxes left as I left. And to share the wealth, I did not hit the 6 box limit.

They had a few boxes of 40 (but everyone seems to still have 40)

No 45.

I know I'm not exactly letting people know of a hidden 'stockpile', but if anyone's really looking for economy 9mm in the region, might want to check out this Walmart. If they're empty, try the next morning I guess. Open at 7 AM on weekdays.

Jubbie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Northwest Indiana (slacker)
    I don't have a 9mm so I'm not sure of the pricing, but Deb's & Westforth have ammo last I checked a week ago. Deb's has a tight limit while Westforth will sell what they got. Thanks for testing the hypothesis though, I'll have to swing by there before work one of these days, but it all depends what the 4 p.m. to 1 a.m. shift unloads from the truck. You'd almost have to check every morning if you are that desperate. I'm just lazy enough to pay a little extra at the places I know have ammo than to wake up early.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I don't have a 9mm so I'm not sure of the pricing, but Deb's & Westforth have ammo last I checked a week ago.

I was in C.N.I. in Crown Point on Thursday morning. He had 9mm, 40s&w and 45acp. Most of the ammo was PREMIUM self defense hollow point. Winchester Ranger SXT (the stuff that replaced the Black Talon) and Speer Gold Dot. Some of the 9mm was standard pressure, some was +P. Almost everything he had was 50 per box. Most of it was priced in the $38 to $45 price range. He also had a few boxes of Federal HydraShok, those were 20 count boxes. The Federal was in a couple different calibers but he was down to just a couple boxes of each. He had Speer 22lr, no clue on the price, but he had boxes of 50 and 1 brick of 500.

Not sure if any of it is at the shop now, I think he may have packed it up to go to the INDY gun show???

Top Bottom