• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Ok now I thought that Halloween was about kids getting dressed up SCARY like and going to get candy. I didn't know it was about being "sexy". This just makes me SICK and I don't know how these people live with themselves. Have you noticed this crap? No way in hell am I dressing my kids up in THIS junk for Halloween. No Way.

Search results for Halloween Costumes - Wal-mart

I mean scroll down through some of those costumes. No way in hell. Halloween is about being scary and soaping and TeePeeing and mummy wrapping, and of course, candy. Not who has the sexiest costume. At least not for kids. This is just NUTS?

AM I THE ONLY ONE OUTRAGED ABOUT THIS? :n00b:

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    Unfortunately, I hear it more than once described that Halloween is the one time of year that you can't be looked down on for dressing like a whore. I disagree, but that doesn't matter. You know our society is going well when young kids have strippers...err... singers...err...um...train wrecks like Britney Speers as role models. And then the parents let them go out in public dressed up as prostitots. It is sad.

karlsgunbunker

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2008
    We stopped doing Halloween when our kids were 5 or 6.
    We just buy some candy turn off the outside lights and watch some movies.

Halloween is not the same as it was when I was a kid.
    When you have to get your candy x-rayed, why bother.

Also as a Christian, I have a lot of problems with Celebrating a Pagan/Satanic Holiday.

munky_3434

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    Brazil, IN
    Halloween.jpg

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I'm dismayed by children parading around, purposely attired as prostitutes as their "costume." However, this is nothing new. Adolescent girls have been doing it (either with or without parental acquiesence) for decades at the very least.

I'm not going to complain about big girls dressing that way. It may be immoral, but I'd be a hypocrite if I claimed I didn't enjoy the show.

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    I'm dismayed by children parading around, purposely attired as prostitutes as their "costume." However, this is nothing new. Adolescent girls have been doing it (either with or without parental acquiesence) for decades at the very least.

I'm not going to complain about big girls dressing that way. It may be immoral, but I'd be a hypocrite if I claimed I didn't enjoy the show.
    :+1:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008

As a happily married man, my official statement is that the crude objectification of women disgusts me and I have no desire to see them prancing around in their skimpy costumes. That's my official word on the subject. Officially. :whistle:

IndyParts

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Ktown Indiana
    Halloween is not the same as it was. If you soap/Tpee someone's house you get sued. If you had out candy and the kid breaks a tooth, you get sued. If you daughter weres a skimpy outfit and someone pops wood, they go to jail :-)

Top Bottom