• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Oct 3, 2012
    ITP is currently offering $4/half hr range time from 10am-2pm M-F. I didn't know until today when I went to shoot and thought the good news should be shared. Perhaps call it "second/third shift appreciation days!"

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Oct 3, 2012
    Today was my first live fire in 3 weeks.

I took my P229 9mm to ITP today. I've tried various bullet weights and it's consistently shot high, a 6 o'clock hold still results in about 1" high at 7 yards with 147 gr ammo.

P7050007_zps4fvfgrwd.jpg

The left target is 147 gr HST ammo, point of aim is the center of the circle. The right target is 147 gr Lawman ammo, point of aim is the bottom edge of the circle. This has been very consistent with various weights of bullets and various manufacturers, so I'm satisfied it's the sights. I left the gun at the range with an order for Trijicon HD night sights to be installed. The price, including install, was VERY fair...cheaper than Optics Planet even without considering the installation.

I moved on to my Model 19 and my wadcutter reloads.

P7050006_zps70k53qxc.jpg

P7050005_zpsjscbizpr.jpg

7 yards was my max range today and I didn't spend a lot of ammo, but it was nice to knock the dust off a bit.

Thanks to ITP for the range time and for a good deal on new sights for my P229.

Top Bottom