• ...and so much more!
  • MPD179

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Northwest Indiana
    I would like to hear this one too. :D

I responded to BlueEagle in PM because I thought the thread was going to die and was going to let it go.

When I said I have taken my share off the streets it was during my years in patrol. The Hi-point's was a common "Thug" gun and were often recovered following a crime.

Most of these pistols actually had rubber bands wrapped around the handle for better gripping and some had colored rubber bands to rep. gang colors.

In most of these cases, the thugs arrested often complained about reliability issues. They were cheap but often well stocked in a few gunshops in the area.

Today, I see more high quality guns being used but the Hi-points are still out there. I now see mostly XD's and Glocks being recovered with the revolvers making a comeback.

:ingo::patriot::ingo:

7.62asprin

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 8, 2012
    Evansville, IN
    I am in the market for another pistol. I've been looking at the Beretta PX 4 .40 and the M&P .40c. However I've always kinda liked the USP. 40 compacts as well. My question is are the HK's worth $400ish more than the other brands listed? Why?

A buddy of mine who is a corrections officer has a USP in .40 and he loves it. :twocents:

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Even if it were a neglible sum, I doubt I'd go HK again. I had a USP9 and put a few thousand through it. Even with the "match trigger group," the trigger was mediocre at best.

It was a very good gun, don't get me wrong, but other than the name, I couldn't tell you what the extra money bought me over any other plastic gun (aside from weird ergos and some Rainbow 6 cachet)

If you're disappointed with the H&K, don't turn to sig...

I'm still scratching my chin over doing a 1 for 1 trade to get an HK USP40 for my P226 Platinum elite with 40&357 barrels.

I've just never cared much for the thing. Feels "inferior" to me, and I can't pin down why, just this overwhelming sense of "I could have had 2 glocks I would have loved if I didn't buy this."

Top Bottom