• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Lebanon
    I’m looking for a pocket 380/9mm to tuck IWB while I workout in the gym. I will not be doing cardio but I will be doing sit-ups, some bending over, walking around. I typically wear drawstring athletic pants or shorts so weight is a huge factor. I didn’t want to hang it in my pocket due to some activities I may be doing. I had thought about an ankle holster option as well. Is there any other INGO carrying in the gym?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    That's where fanny packs shine. Put your phone in the front pocket and nobody looks twice.

I use this one to jog or trail run. It'd be fine in the gym as well:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Ulti-Clips attached to your solid retention kydex holster will allow it to be securely clamped to your pants or shorts.

It's just me, but if I need a pistol, I need a 9mm.

G43 for me. Low round count also means low weight. Dunno where you'd stick the extra mag?

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Learn to fight and you will never be "unarmed" even if you are without your pistol. Even a moderate workout could easily leave a pistol on the gym floor.

Drewski

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2019
    Deep South Side
    The gym I use has cabinets for your clothes. I am never more than 20' away from it in a controlled environment. There are a lot of local LEO's and SP's there.

Don't really;;y feel the need to be armed while I do crunches.

Don
    Same here. There is always at least one IMPD car in the lot at my gym regardless of when I go lift. As if the far south side doesn't feel safe enough. :D

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Lebanon
    Same here. There is always at least one IMPD car in the lot at my gym regardless of when I go lift. As if the far south side doesn't feel safe enough. :D
    That would be a great thing to have unfortunately I do not live in a big city environment. We do have some PD members but it’s a 24/7 complex so the time for the gym can vary.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    S&W bodyguard .380 A tich less than 1 pound when loaded. Mine has been uber reliable. You can practically conceal it wearing only a thong and wife beater. But if I walked into a gym where a dude was working out in a thong I'd walk out backwards. Maybe the fanny pack idea is better.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I’m looking for a pocket 380/9mm to tuck IWB while I workout in the gym. I will not be doing cardio but I will be doing sit-ups, some bending over, walking around. I typically wear drawstring athletic pants or shorts so weight is a huge factor. I didn’t want to hang it in my pocket due to some activities I may be doing. I had thought about an ankle holster option as well. Is there any other INGO carrying in the gym?
    I CC a S&W 340 DAO in .357 (usually has .38's in it) in a 'sports' fanny pack with cell phone holder while in the gym! The gym owner's a friend of mine (from way back) and he just laugh's when I come into the gym because he has his Sig Sauer in a belly band under his shirt and few even know it!
    We have a running joke in that we refer to any incidents as 'boo-boos' and he'll joke, "Don't have any 'boo-boos' today!" I'll often reply with something along the lines of, "Not unless they're perpetrated upon me!" Other's just look at us like we're young children who've developed their own little language!

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Comfort tech has nice ankle and belly holsters, even the fanny pack and monthly sales to boot.
    A Glock-42 is also my recommendation.
    My wife carries hers in one of the comfort tech products.
    The G-43 in 9mm is as low as I'll go.

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Lebanon
    I did a test run with my sig 365xl, did my typical routine. Went well. I do love the comfort tech belly band. It was comfortable, didn’t smother me when I got hot.

Top Bottom