• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT

As a tangent, I think the electronic scoring has helped free up the 2nd RO to watch the stage/shooter, because now he doesn't have to spend that time adding hits. I know I feel much more in tune to what's going on, can better watch for procedurals, stage issues, etc now w/ the tablets. And on that thought, that's why I don't like the 2nd RO to score behind the shooter, they should be watching the action...

-rvb

A tangent maybe, but a good one. That sort of approach by the Kindle guy really is or ought to be a "best practice"

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    wow, I've probably seen it only half-dozen times in ~15 yrs...
    I don't think I ever saw the gun get loaded before situation was realized.
    once I was the guy down range (only guy on squad pasting so I was attentive to what was going on, realizing those are the situations when bad things happen.... when I heard the LAMR command I started yelling STOP STOP and ran out where I could be seen).

I agree no one is perfect, as much as we try to be. That's why I also feel everyone needs to take on some of that responsibility. Belts/suspenders in addition to one very over-worked pants button... 'cause no one wants that single point of failure to let loose.

you mention incidents in the work place... there's usually "root cause," but there's also usually "contributing factors."

As a tangent, I think the electronic scoring has helped free up the 2nd RO to watch the stage/shooter, because now he doesn't have to spend that time adding hits. I know I feel much more in tune to what's going on, can better watch for procedurals, stage issues, etc now w/ the tablets. And on that thought, that's why I don't like the 2nd RO to score behind the shooter, they should be watching the action...

-rvb

Yeah Ryan I guess I'm just lucky.:):
    Ironically one of these times happened this last Saturday at Owensboro. I had just shot and picked up my moonclips and was heading back uprange to my cart when the score keeper came up to me and showed me the Nook so I could see my hits. The RO was on the other side of the bay and gave the make ready command while we were still in front of them. ( we were maybe 10 feet in front of them and on the other side of the bay) Several people hollered and shooter never touched his gun. RO had his back to us to watch shooter make ready and didn't see us.
    I saw this happen at a level 2 match last year and 2 years ago saw it happened at the Revolver nationals. Both of those times it was not pasters downrange but was staff. The Nationals deal was a little different as it was 2 speed shoots in 1 big bay and they were taking turns shooting stages. A staff person ran downrange to paint some steel after everyone returned up range when the other stage RO gave make ready command while the person was still down range on the other stage.
    I guess that shows that it can happen anytime and anywhere.

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    This happened to me before when I was new to the sport, I was pasting and noticed one of the swingers wasn't set, it was behind a door too. I went in and yelled to hold up but with everyone's ears covered, I waved and the guy was already making ready. He was scared ****less. Since then, they had made sure that no one is behind every barricade. I just laughed it off and told the guy it's ok, nothing bad happened and there sure is someone up there looking out for us.

Top Bottom