• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bahbo

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 2, 2012
    Saw the thread trying to get a gunsmithing forum started here on the board so i thought i would contribute.

Referrenced Thread

So here are a few guns I have done while I have been at school in CO. Sorry for not very many in progress pics.

First off is a GI Springfield with nm serial that I cut for Novaks, fit and blended the grip safety, polished and recut the sear, cut and polished the hammer, polished the disconnector, fit and polished a new trigger, tuned the sear spring for a crisp 4.5# pull, and bead blasted and blued.

2356abb8.jpg

9d6f33b0.jpg

Next up is a S&W 686 that i had to fix because some bubba had gone in and tried to polish the internals (sorry no pics of the old stuff) and ruined the trigger, hammer, and sear. So since I had to replace the internals my customer and I decided that a full rebuild would be in order. I fit a new oversized cylinder stop, oversized hand, .500' wide target hammer, sear, powercustom s7 trigger, deburred all of the internals (machine marks and pins), and all new WC springs. I removed any cylinder endshake or yoke endshake and trued the cylinder face on the lathe by taking ~.002". I also pulled the barrel and turned it back one thread so i could recut the factory breech face and forcing cone. I set the barrel cylinder gap at .003". While the firearm was apart i polished it to a mirror so as not to leave cloudy spots in hard to reach areas. I received some Ahrends cocobolo grips to install but they had some fitment issues so i had to re fit and refinish those.

96d6b184.jpg

62243653.jpg

2d794719.jpg

I preformed this grip reduction and aggressive stippling on a Gen 2 Glock 17. Also guncoated the slide HK black and installed xs sights.

8a1cdfd6.jpg

This hi power started life as a FM Argentinian, but after some work it ended up like this. Hi power cuts, custom Novak sights(shortened overall length and serrated rear of rear sight), polished flats and bead blasted frame and rounds of slide then blued, stippled frontstrap, checkered cocobolo grips, shortened reset and pretravel, polished internals/barrel, and installed new springs.

bc2977bb.jpg

f6f9778d.jpg

Hope this helps the cause for a gunsmithing forum!!

Thanks

Bahbo

Bahbo

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 2, 2012
    I am not trying to drum business up for myself in this post, let me make that clear.

I am moving to the Lagrange area around the 15th, but I will not be opening a shop for quite some time as I am not in a situation to do so. Thank you for your kind words about my work. If you have any questions about anything i have written please feel free to ask.

Thanks

Bahbo

Bahbo

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 2, 2012
    Thanks guys I really appreciate the kind words. If any of yall are from the north eastern part of the state give me a holler as I can help out with most any firearms related issues you may have(not saying I am going to be smithing but if you have ?'s i might have answers).

Bahbo

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Really dig the stippling on the hi-power. I'd like to do something like that with my kimber but lack the confidence to learn checkering/stippling stainless steel on a new gun of my own, that is satin finish and not just polished or brushed.

Threads like this make me want to sell a kidney for a mill and a lathe.

Bahbo

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 2, 2012
    The stippling is easy in theory but is time consuming and difficult execute well. Checkering is my preferred front strap treatment for grip and aesthetics but I need to buy a jig for my layout lines before I apply that to a customer gun.

Thanks for the positive comments

Bahbo

evanrw61

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 13, 2012
    Southport Indiana
    I am currently a Master Toolmaker and inspector. I work for a defense contractor, as I have for the last 30 years. I pride myself on my workmanship and attention to detail. It is with that preface I say, that is truly nice work. You have much to be proud of. I wish you all the luck and welcome to Indiana.
    :rockwoot:

CCF

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Okay, I'll play.... Just cut this frame for a clark/para ramped barrel. This will be a 9mm 2011 for 3 gun competition.

IMG_0631.jpg

IMG_0632.jpg

Bahbo

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 2, 2012
    Okay, I'll play.... Just cut this frame for a clark/para ramped barrel. This will be a 9mm 2011 for 3 gun competition.

IMG_0631.jpg

IMG_0632.jpg

I've done this as well but I had a full single stack frame so I set up on an angle plate. Looks like a fun project though. Yours?

The hi power safety is a cylinder and slide extended single side safety.

Thanks

Bahbo

CCF

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    I've done this as well but I had a full single stack frame so I set up on an angle plate. Looks like a fun project though. Yours?

The hi power safety is a cylinder and slide extended single side safety.

Thanks

Bahbo

Yeah, I got a great fixture for SS frames that I just love, but for the double wides I have to do it this way.

The gun is not mine, but as with all full builds, it will feel like mine in the end, and I will hate to give it to the owner. :):

Bahbo

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 2, 2012
    I hear ya the 686 is gonna be hard to send back. As was the hi power.
    there's some nice stuff you have on your site ccf. Can't wait till I get to build off of an svi! I have a para I'm going to build a limited gun out of but it's just not the same lol.
    Anyone know where there's a mill for sale? Reasonably priced that is lol.

Thanks

Bahbo

hnts4fun

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2012
    Bahbo,

I sure like the finish on that Hi Power. Looks like a guy could dive in and get lost in there. Fine work

Top Bottom