• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jay T.

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Gunsite 3 Day Carbine April 3-5 and October 23-25, 2009

This course is an introduction to the AR-15 and other semi-automatic carbines. This course covers general manipulation, speed and tactical reloads, malfunction clearance, transitions to the handgun, and field expedient flashlight techniques. There is a night shoot on TD2. Like the pistol course, the carbine course is frequently attended by repeat students seeking to maintain their skills. This course is approved by the Indiana Law Enforcement Training Board for LE training credit.

There are no prerequisites (Gunsite 3 Day Pistol is recommended, but not required)

Where: Boone County Sheriff's Range, Lebanon, Indiana

Cost: $650

Equpment: Carbine, sling, magazines and pouches, pistol and magazines, mag pouches, holster, sturdy belt, ear and eye protection, and a bright handheld flashlight.

Ammo: Approximately 800 rounds carbine and 50 rounds pistol.

To register contact:

Training Coordinator
    GunsiteAcademy
    2900 W. Gunsite Rd.
    Paulden, AZ 86334
    (928) 636-4565
    www.gunsite.com

For more information email Ken Campbell at kcampbell@co.boone.in.us or Jay Tuttle at
    jtuttle@co.boone.in.us

Steve MI

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2008
    Brother Jay, glad to see you here sorry i missed you while i was Indy this year

for thos eof you that have never trained with Sheriff Ken and Jay you are missing out

i had some words about jay in a pervious post... and though we have only met and shared a line or two he made a very big impression on me..... as i stated in that post
    "Sensi Jay, is an outstanding human being and man's man. so to speak.

he is what kind of human i would strive to be if i could do so all over again...
    he has nothing but my utmost respect. and it has been earned.
    Ken....well thats another story."

you guys own it to yourself and your loved one's to go and do this class

Jay T.

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Hi Steve -
    As one of our mutual acquaintances would say "thanks for the kind words"! Please let me know if/when you're going to be in the area this summer and I'll make it a point to come out. Ken is hosting all the usual suspects again this year. I'll look forward to seeing you.

Jay T.

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Hi Cory -
    Glad to be here, and yup, life is good. Your name came up in a conversation with Jeff D. the other day about .22 conversions and dedicated uppers for ARs. Might be worth a new thread.

abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Jay, it's great to see you here, sir. :)

The tuition seems to have gone up unfortunately, but I would recommend this class without reservations. Ken is a superb communicator, Jay is an encyclopedia, and Dave has eyes in the back of his head. Take this class before you take more advanced carbine training.

Top Bottom