• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cowboy1629

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    West Central Indiana
    Who all on here has attended this class in the past and what did you think? A buddy of mine is wanting me to attend the April 29th class with him.

Looks like it might be more than just the basic 150 course since it is showing 800 round minimum. Normal 150 course only shows 450 rounds.

How big are the classes normally? How quick do they fill up, or do they? Just trying to figure out how soon we would need to make our decision.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I haven't taken this class. But I took the intro class. It was 2 days. If you have the money, TAKE this class. Don't even think about NOT taking it. This is the best class you can take. And it will fill fast!

Sheriff Ken Campbell is an excellent teacher. I'd love to be able to take this class.

joe138

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    I have taken several classes sponsored or taught by Sheriff Ken Campbell. He runs a first rate program and it is money well spent on training that is close to home.

Cowboy1629

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    West Central Indiana
    just wondering how to get all the info needed on this one?
    I'll let you know once me and my buddy get signed up...:):

Just kidding, looks like everything is done through Gunsite website. Here is the course description;

150 Pistol Lebanon Indiana
    You have considered professional firearms training, but haven’t been willing
    to take the big step. Spend three days with Gunsite Instructors and see what we
    can do for you. More importantly see what you can do, and, as a result, what
    more you could do with great training. If you’ve been to Gunsite, this course
    is a great refresher.
    Course will cover the Modern Technique, speed reloads vs. tactical reloads,
    weapon malfunctions, pivots and turns, barricades, tactical guidelines and low-
    light techniques during the night shoot.
    This class is an excellent opportunity for you to understand the Gunsite
    experience and what it can do for you. Certified training can provide a firewall
    of protection against civil lawsuits for negligence and lack of qualified training.
    Our programs have been approved as IN LETB Approved Provider.
    Indiana course held at Lebanon Ind. Sheriff’s Range.
    Course Dates: October 17-19, 2010, April 29-May 1 & Oct 14-16, 2011
    Cost: $650
    Duration: 3 Days
    Prerequisite: None
    Ammunition: 800 rounds minimum

Cowboy1629

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    West Central Indiana
    Uncle Sam taught me how to be "serious" about carrying a handgun and a rifle but that was a few years ago so I'm sure I could use a refresher. :D

How big is the class? Thanks for the link I'll take a look, maybe you mentioned it there.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Uncle Sam taught me how to be "serious" about carrying a handgun and a rifle but that was a few years ago so I'm sure I could use a refresher. :D

Couldn't we all. . . . ;)

How big is the class? Thanks for the link I'll take a look, maybe you mentioned it there.

Looks like there were 22 students, according to my AAR, in two relays of 11.

It was still small enough to get some one-on-one attention if you needed it.

Substance-P

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 4, 2008
    Carmel

Cowboy1629

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    West Central Indiana
    We still haven't enrolled yet, mostly my fault because I haven't committed. I have this addiction to buying guns and need to stop for a while to build my stash funds back up. I would rather go to the October class but my buddy is involved with the Covered Bridge Festival so this class at the end of April is his only opportunity. I guess we need to be enrolling soon or they will be filled up. :rolleyes:

Substance-P

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 4, 2008
    Carmel
    We still haven't enrolled yet, mostly my fault because I haven't committed. I have this addiction to buying guns and need to stop for a while to build my stash funds back up. I would rather go to the October class but my buddy is involved with the Covered Bridge Festival so this class at the end of April is his only opportunity. I guess we need to be enrolling soon or they will be filled up. :rolleyes:

I would say definitely don't delay. I know there were several people who tried to enroll in the class we took who couldn't get in.

abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    I would not take the course. Take Sheriff Campbell's Intro to the Defensive Pistol instead. It is similar in curriculum to the Gunsite 150, but lacks the steel shoots. It is also one day shorter and significantly less expensive.

Save the big bucks for Louis Awerbuck's pistol classes in August.

Top Bottom