Gunshops willingness to correct ammo count mistake.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Notmyjk

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2023
    Franklin
    Picked up a 150 count can of 50 BMG from a local Indy shop. The next day I ran the rounds through a case length headspace gauge and counted the rounds. I came up with 144 on multiple counts. At $3.15 a round I would like them to fix this. I sent and email with pictures At noon on the day after I purchased them. How willing are shops to correct this mistake? I know the big thing is no returns on ammo but I have never been shorted before.

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    It's a possibility, and worth a call. That's ~5% shortage and I'd be rather disappointed to learn a bulk case I bought only had 950 rounds in it instead of 1k.

I would also recommend being ready to chalk up that $20 mistake as a relatively inexpensive lesson. While I don't think counting 1k loose rounds before paying is feasible, counting 150 might be considering $3ea.

sapper83

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 26, 2024
    Valparaiso
    The only thing you can do is address the issue asap with the shop, if they don't rectify it, NEVER shop there again. 1. They shorted you! Poor QA. 2. They wouldn't fix it =3. They suck and do it a lot, i bet!

But if they make it right! That would be my go-to shop! Hope it works out.

JFriar96

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2019
    Greenwood
    Picked up a 150 count can of 50 BMG from a local Indy shop. The next day I ran the rounds through a case length headspace gauge and counted the rounds. I came up with 144 on multiple counts. At $3.15 a round I would like them to fix this. I sent and email with pictures At noon on the day after I purchased them. How willing are shops to correct this mistake? I know the big thing is no returns on ammo but I have never been shorted before.
    I know some people that had this happen. Contact the manufacturer and they will likely send you another box to make it right!

penguinship

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2020
    Bloomington
    6 rounds at 3.15 + 7% tax is 20.22, plus you'd probably get charged tax again on the next purchase. If it's a local shop you like, it's probably reasonable to overlook, but otherwise, I'd want a refund or more store credit value (since credit favors the store).

If you have no goodwill toward the store and paid with a credit card, you can always do a charge back since the product isn't what you bought.

Last edited:

Notmyjk

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2023
    Franklin
    6 rounds at 3.15 + 7% tax is 20.22, plus you'd probably get charged tax again on the next purchase. If it's a local shop you like, it's probably reasonable to overlook, but otherwise, I'd want a refund or more store credit value (since credit favors the store).

If you have no goodwill toward the store and paid with a credit card, you can always do a charge back since the product isn't what you bought.
    My desire for ammunition is greater than my desire for cash so I'm good with what they offered.

Gunaddict

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 19, 2024
    Greenfield, IN
    I agree that they should correct it. I usually slide the boxes open if I buy from a store or at the range to check and make sure there are no damaged cartridges.

Top Bottom