• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brickmandan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2017
    Wheeler
    I'm going to visit family in Arkansas and unfortunately have to drive though IL and I want to take several firearms with me to plink on my Grandpas property. From what I can find it seems legal as long as they are unloaded and in a case. Am I right? As soon as I cross the boarder into Missouri I'm going to pull over, load and put my carry piece back on.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    If you have your IN LTCH, you can keep it on your person while in your vehicle. Unload it and lock it up when you leave your vehicle.

Brickmandan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2017
    Wheeler
    That was quick, thanks. I do have my LTCH. Nice to know I can have it on me in the car but I feel like I need it the most when I get out. I really feel sorry for the people that live in the anti-free states like IL and CA.
    If you have your IN LTCH, you can keep it on your person while in your vehicle. Unload it and lock it up when you leave your vehicle.

Family man

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2017
    Southern
    Unloaded, cased, ammo and firearms In differnt compartments so that both cant be accessed at the same time. Thats is from years ago when I used to go through IL more often. Now I avoid IL if possable,. When given the choice of protecting my family from harm or unconstitutional laws of a communist state I find avoiding that area best for me.( Thats reason I could not take the family to D.C. last time I was in Virginia). If I have to chose I will let you guess how longe it takes me to decide if I want to be an unarmed victim with guns in the trunk, or in jail on gun charges defending myself and family, with my family at home safe.
    I would look into driving a little out of the way and going through KY.
    Lookes like they slacked up in the last 20years. The easy answer is stop on the indiana side and dont stop tell you get into MO. You dont want to spend any money in IL for their failing economy anyway. Unless you need beer and its Sunday they sell beer on sunday.

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    Spent some time in Illinois over the 4th of July weekend. I didn't carry on my person while out of the car but did keep it loaded and nearby while driving. I also brought it inside with me during my over night stay near O'Fallon.

We were there for a Cardinal's game on the 3rd. We stayed in St. Louis itself for the night of the game but once again, the Ruger LC9s had to stay behind due to no weapons at Busch Stadium.

We no sooner had stepped out of the hotel lobby on our way to the Metro station when we were approached by some crazy dude hollering about how the U.S. flag wasn't flying properly from the hotel flag pole. "They's disrespecting us!" "What are we going to do" I told him to go ask the hotel staff while, at the same time, making sure he didn't get behind me for a sucker punch. He kept getting close and wouldn't shut up or get out of my personal space. Inwardly, I fervently cursed the politicians who made sure I couldn't protect myself or loved ones from just this sort of person.

Finally, the guy went away. We walked straight to the station and didn't see him again.

No wonder I always carry....when I'm allowed to.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom