• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sureshot129

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    NW Indiana
    I'm not saying don't just think about it before hand if you know your going to tie one on leave it at home. If are going to maybe put a defendable limit on your self. Responsabilty and not putting yourself in a questionable situation is just as improtant as staying alive

Last edited:

alwalker84

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I have to say, majority of the time I am at a bar I am definetly cc'ing. Too many drunk idiots running around for me not to have the right to protect myself.

A

Kimbertrace

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I have to say, majority of the time I am at a bar I am definetly cc'ing. Too many drunk idiots running around for me not to have the right to protect myself.

A

Fair enough, but when do you determine that you have crossed the line into "drunk idiot-ville", except now you are a drunken idiot with a gun.

Don't mean to be brash, but I hope that we are not standing on a moral highground with a motto that states, "I have a LTCH, therefore even when I am intoxicated, my judgement is clear", but everyone else that drinks is a drunken idiot, because they do not have a LTCH?

Al this is not directly toward you...

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    The only time I ever seriously thought I would have to use my gun was when a drunk bar patron got in an argument and pulled his.

alwalker84

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Fair enough, but when do you determine that you have crossed the line into "drunk idiot-ville", except now you are a drunken idiot with a gun.

Don't mean to be brash, but I hope that we are not standing on a moral highground with a motto that states, "I have a LTCH, therefore even when I am intoxicated, my judgement is clear", but everyone else that drinks is a drunken idiot, because they do not have a LTCH?

Al this is not directly toward you...

Good point. Pretty much its left up to self control, responsibility, and personal awareness.

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    Well, if it's court case a little tougher to win or being dead, I choose option A :dunno:
    Seems like a no brainer to me. I don't understand why some people think that it would be better to be dead than to have to defend yourself in court.

Edit to add: If I'm going to "tie one on". It will not be in a bar. If for some reason I planned on drinking past what I would consider "safe" for myself in a public setting and decided not to carry, I think that I would have a friend with me that would be carrying who was not getting drunk.

Last edited:

mrman740

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Portage
    Stupid question time: I'm new to the gun world but I just want to know, I play in a few bands that perform at bars, most of the bars are in the Harbor side of East Chicago. I don't drink (never have), can I carry when I perform if there are no signs stating otherwise?

alwalker84

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Edit to add: If I'm going to "tie on on". It will not be in a bar. If for some reason I planned on drinking past what I would consider "safe" for myself in a public setting and decided not to carry, I think that I would have a friend with me that would be carrying who was not getting drunk.

Seems like alot of trouble for a night out

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    I carry. My uncle by marriage was both raped, slit from ear to ear and left for dead in Alabama. His crime? Going to a bar to play a few games of pool.

My logic outweighs your nanny-ism of "safety."

Freedom isn't safe.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Stupid question time: I'm new to the gun world but I just want to know, I play in a few bands that perform at bars, most of the bars are in the Harbor side of East Chicago. I don't drink (never have), can I carry when I perform if there are no signs stating otherwise?

In Indiana you can carry if you choose sign or not, signs do not have force of law in IN. If they see it they can ask you to leave, if you don't you are then trespassing and breaking the law. That is if you have a LTCH.

mrman740

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Portage
    In Indiana you can carry if you choose sign or not, signs do not have force of law in IN. If they see it they can ask you to leave, if you don't you are then trespassing and breaking the law. That is if you have a LTCH.

Thanks for the knowledge! The last bar I played at was shot up a few years back WHILE we were performing and ever since then, I've felt pretty nervous playing there, but now that I have a LTCH and a G23, no more worries!

elaw555

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    I agree it all comes down to personal responsibility and that hasn't let us down yet. I see very few reports of gun crimes committed by LTCH holders so the degree of personal responsibility is strong with us. If it isn't broke, don't screw with it.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    Yeah...it'll be the wild west in Arizona bars if they allow people to carry guns in them, just like here in Indiana.

what?.....oh, sorry. Yeah, go ahead.

Pale Rider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Too Close to Home
    You also don't know what patrons are responsible drinkers. So they could be getting into a car afterwards.

I'm all about your saftey. Carry a gun:D

Right, but I'm not responsible for what they do outside where I work.

You work in a college town bar, and you doubt anyone has ever carried where you work?:rolleyes:

OK, that was an absolute and I hate using absolutes I probably should have said rarely, I do my best to keep an eye on things. There were two off duty officers in plain clothes who were carrying a week ago and I never bothered them. Didn't know they were officers until one left his wallet (and badge) lay on a table outside. They came in I kept an eye on them they had a drink and left without issue.

DON'T ASK your patrons. You might end up quitting your job!
    Seriously, start looking at people closely. Look for "printing" or a ubiquitous "pink slip" of paper in the wallet when they go to pay.

On second thought, stay in the fantasy land you're in now. Wouldn't want to make you "un-easy"!:dunno:

I do look. It's my job to look, to know who is in the bar and what they're up to as well as what and who they have with them. I don't live in a fantasy world but come spend a night at work with me and you won't see a lot of people who you would assume carry. Now I know assumptions are a bad thing, but I've spent enough time around the average college kid, and many gun owners / carriers to make what I feel is an educated guess.

What town? I've carried in many a bar down here while not drinking, but hanging out with friends.

Muncie (more specifically the village on the sound end of campus)

I agree Vert. So what is the cut off? Legal driving limit of .08 bac? Seriously, there is a point where you could be doing more harm than good. Are you really going to be aware of what's behind your target when you have had too much? Or even be able to access the situation appropriately? Drinking obviously lowers your inhibitions, so after you have begun drinking are you mentally going to tell yourself to put away your firearm? Is it even legal to drink and carry in IN?

Those of you that are veteran CC'ers have suggestions?

Exactly my point. Go to the range drunk one day. Try drawing and shooting. If you are going to carry while you drink its logical to practice while intoxicated. Do a range report sober then intoxicated I want to see those comparisons.

Seems like alot of trouble for a night out

Yes, but it makes sense. You pick a designated driver, why not a designated carrier??

jd3772000

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2009
    Indy
    Exactly my point. Go to the range drunk one day. Try drawing and shooting. If you are going to carry while you drink its logical to practice while intoxicated. Do a range report sober then intoxicated I want to see those comparisons.

Intresting. But I see where you are going with this.

Top Bottom