• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Anyone have any experience with GunfightersINC holsters?

They are one of the few companies currently making holsters to fit PSD pistols and the custom Kenai rig looks like a perfect fit for my needs but having no personal experience with them, I thought I'd check to see if anyone else does before shelling out the cash.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I have several versions of their Ronin holster and one of their Baba Yaga holsters. I like them a lot, but will admit that they sometimes seem to cut corners. I've had to send a holster back because it was terrible (sharp edges, didn't fit the gun well, had issues with the belt loops), but the return/repair process was painless and they have a lifetime warranty. The only ready to ship holster that I purchased was problematic, but I've had better luck with the custom holsters. They do take quite a while to ship. Overall I'd buy from them again, but I know going in that I might have to return the holster if something isn't right. I don't have any experience with the Kenai rig.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    I have several versions of their Ronin holster and one of their Baba Yaga holsters. I like them a lot, but will admit that they sometimes seem to cut corners. I've had to send a holster back because it was terrible (sharp edges, didn't fit the gun well, had issues with the belt loops), but the return/repair process was painless and they have a lifetime warranty. The only ready to ship holster that I purchased was problematic, but I've had better luck with the custom holsters. They do take quite a while to ship. Overall I'd buy from them again, but I know going in that I might have to return the holster if something isn't right. I don't have any experience with the Kenai rig.
    Thanks, that is helpful!

AmericanBob

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    I used the Kenai rig to carry a glock 20 for a couple years as my hunting backup. I really liked the holster a lot. Easy to adjust, easy to put on and take off, held the pistol really secure. It did take a bit of practice on the draw stroke to get the pistol out cleanly since it held it so tight.
    I sold it with my glock. That was a regrettable decision.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    I used the Kenai rig to carry a glock 20 for a couple years as my hunting backup. I really liked the holster a lot. Easy to adjust, easy to put on and take off, held the pistol really secure. It did take a bit of practice on the draw stroke to get the pistol out cleanly since it held it so tight.
    I sold it with my glock. That was a regrettable decision.
    Selling the Holster or the …..? Non retention holster, just really tight?

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

My experience with some of the GFI holsters is that they are extremely tight. One holster I have is so tight it's very difficult to get the gun out of the holster. They recommended leaving the gun in and using a hair dryer to loosen it up a bit. Haven't tried it yet as I'm lazy, it's for a gun I've decided not to carry and they have a lifetime warranty... ;)

AmericanBob

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Selling both was regrettable. It was just flat tight. Held the pistol very well, no worries about it falling out. The draw stroke is just something to work on. If you're not snappy with it you're just going to pull the whole rig across your chest.

mike4

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Central Indiana
    Extremely helpful feedback on the issues from holster experience. I've long been on the fence over one of these holsters given how special purpose it is and my infrequent use, but thought it would be a faster draw than the current Hill People Gear chest pouch discussed in other threads.

At their price point I would expect solid quality out of the box, so I can't tell you how much I appreciate you saving me from having the company waste my time. I can't afford the lost time (with family medical and other issues) to do things twice, and I can never get the time back a company robs me of if I have to invest additional time trying to get the job completed that they should have finished before the item was first shipped.

Top Bottom