• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 74Ba-humbug

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2009
    It's too bad that gun ownership is taboo in our society. It shouldn't be, but of course it is looked down upon by non-gun owners. I would rather be armed than be a victim. The sad thing is have you ever noticed when the local news does do a gun story they always find the biggest "red neck" they can, just too make all gun owners look like un-educated hicks. I guess that image "sticks" with people, and that is how they see all of us.

So true. I've had my fair share of "anti" gun people talk to me. I had a 1961 Ford F250 rat rod that had a few gun stickers on my back window. I was actually at a car show and had two guys come up to me complaining about my sticker that said "If you outlaw guns, only outlaws will have guns!". They actually got very nasty with me when I defended my sticker and my right to have a gun. (Not the mention the fact that I was very nice about the situation but still defending myself) Saddly that was just ONE encounter of the many.

Oh well, what can you do?

jtmarine1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2009
    Lexington, IN

Good job reinforcing the negative stereo-type. Just for the record, I don't find it "funny" to talk about killing anything. I would hope that everyone, gun-owners or non-gun-owners would be offended by that shirt.

+1

I don't know, I find it pretty funny when I vaporize some feral cats or woodchuck down by the pond!

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Berettashirt025.jpg

I need to get some Ruger shirts.

And another Beretta LOL.

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    You know as someone who spends his life so you can keep your rights I would like to tell you both to grow up. Personally you probably do not really want to know what I think is funny. I can not say whether this shirt is funny or not , as I have yet to see it.

This is exactly what the 1st Amendment is about.

If you don't like it then shut up and quit being such Nancy boys!

I'm sorry let me kneel down to your superiority because you seem to think that you're the only one who has spent time in the military so we can keep our rights. I guess my 10 years don't really count do they?

How about if you don't like what my reply is then you follow your own advice. The comment wasn't directed towards you.

You're also correct that it is what the 1A is about. She has every right to say (or wear) whatever she wants. I have the right to say that I think it is offensive. I never tried to tell her she couldn't wear it.

I don't find it funny to talk about killing anything either.. what I find funny is the reactions to the shirt. Sorry I wasn't clear enough in my post. I tend to type faster than I can think sometimes.

I have a feeling I need to just keep my mouth shut around here, every time I open it someone has something to say that isn't nice at all.

I'm not exactly sure what I said that wasn't "nice at all". Was it the fact that I said it reinforced negative stereotypes? The conservatives tell people here that all the time. So if I don't agree with you then I'm not being nice? I would venture to say that it isn't nice to be joking about killing hippies.

Well, you probably wouldn't like my shirt that says "I rape gun-haters" either.

(OK, I really don't have a shirt like that (yet), but, could you imagine?)

Hah hah hah, that is so funny :rolleyes: ...I bet you would think it's just as funny if you changed the "gun-haters" to "women", because you know some gun-haters really are women.

You've run afoul of a couple liberals who think they have the right to tell you what you are allowed to think and say. Don't let them get you down.

Tell you what, point out where I said she couldn't say that she thinks it's funny to kill hippies. I think I've seen you berate several people here for writing/saying/doing something stupid that in your opinion reflects badly on gun-owners. I think there's a word for that.

Don't worry about those hippies, they just think they are targets now.

I don't know, I find it pretty funny when I vaporize some feral cats or woodchuck down by the pond!

Oh, oh, I got one you all will like...

You know what's ironic about shooting conservatives...they don't just vote red they bleed red, too (& when they're empty, they turn blue).

:lmfao:.... :rolleyes: real funny, huh? :rolleyes:

Sorry to those who have common sense, I'm just making a point.

jtmarine1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2009
    Lexington, IN
    Oh, oh, I got one you all will like...

You know what's ironic about shooting conservatives...they don't just vote red they bleed red, too (& when they're empty, they turn blue).

:lmfao:.... :rolleyes: real funny, huh? :rolleyes:

Sorry to those who have common sense, I'm just making a point.

Hahahaha! you make me chuckle, not only are you a Hypocrite, you have no sense of SARCASIM!

So the only point I see you making, other than your hypocracy, is that you are easily offended and have no point. :flamethrower:

As far a shooting conservatives, still tryin to figure out where that came from, never mentioned liberals, just hippies, but from that comment I take it you don't like us(conservatives) very much.:crying:

holejack1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2009
    South West Indiana
    You know what, her kids will probably grow and decide they like guns. I'm from a non-gun family, and as an adult that's probably part of what got me interested in my early 20's. My folks weren't wild about it, but I told them hey, it's a free country, and I like guns and shooting, and maybe if you hadn't made such a big deal out me wanting toy guns as a kid I wouldn't have been so interested in trying out the real ones.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I'm sorry let me kneel down to your superiority because you seem to think that you're the only one who has spent time in the military so we can keep our rights. I guess my 10 years don't really count do they?

I'm sorry, did you just compare your ten years in a boat with that of an Infantryman who served in COMBAT?

I spent my fair share of time in combat units, but never saw combat and would NEVER compare my service to that of those who faced the enemy head on...

jtmarine1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2009
    Lexington, IN
    You know what, her kids will probably grow and decide they like guns. I'm from a non-gun family, and as an adult that's probably part of what got me interested in my early 20's. My folks weren't wild about it, but I told them hey, it's a free country, and I like guns and shooting, and maybe if you hadn't made such a big deal out me wanting toy guns as a kid I wouldn't have been so interested in trying out the real ones.

+1

I hear what you mean there. That is one point I try to make to people, pro-gun and anti-gun. I try to persuade parents that even if they don't have a gun and would never have a gun to atleast teach there children a little about guns, or atleast firearm safety. Like I always say, take the curiosity out of the subject and they more than likely won't go behind your back to explore their curiosity.

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    Hahahaha! you make me chuckle, not only are you a Hypocrite, you have no sense of SARCASIM!

So the only point I see you making, other than your hypocracy, is that you are easily offended and have no point. :flamethrower:

Sorry you're not witty enough to understand the sarcasm in the "joke".

Really. It's NOT funny. That was the point.

As far a shooting conservatives, still tryin to figure out where that came from, never mentioned liberals, just hippies, but from that comment I take it you don't like us(conservatives) very much.:crying:

Liberals, hippies - kinda the same. Just like conservatives, nazi's, jack booted thugs, pretty equal. :ar15: ;)

Ah, most of you conservatives are OK. Not all, but most.

tharlow514

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    Indianapolis
    +1

I hear what you mean there. That is one point I try to make to people, pro-gun and anti-gun. I try to persuade parents that even if they don't have a gun and would never have a gun to atleast teach there children a little about guns, or atleast firearm safety. Like I always say, take the curiosity out of the subject and they more than likely won't go behind your back to explore their curiosity.

I agree. What is sad is the lack of responsible gun ownership education with this probably very nice lady and her children. Someone has negatively influenced her view of guns and that is what we as gun owners have to combat. I think you did the right thing by not making a scene. I just wonder what thier father or grandparents think of guns. People develop this irrational fear of guns and we as responsible gun owners have to reverse that thought pattern.

jtmarine1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2009
    Lexington, IN
    [/color]

Sorry you're not witty enough to understand the sarcasm in the "joke".

Really. It's NOT funny. That was the point.

Liberals, hippies - kinda the same. Just like conservatives, nazi's, jack booted thugs, pretty equal. :ar15: ;)

Ah, most of you conservatives are OK. Not all, but most.

I see your corelation there, but I don't include Liberals and hippies in the same group. I give Liberals the benefit of the doubt.:D

Top Bottom