• ...and so much more!
  • miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Been to Kokomo.

If you are close and have free time, it is worth the trip. Might be better off trading than buying.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Has anybody been to the gun shows in Evansville, Kokomo or Muncie?
    Been to Kokomo several times. I usually attend shows at Lafayette, Indy, Kokomo, Tipton - think I may have attended one in Muncie a few years ago. Kokomo is a pretty good show - think it is $5 admission and free parking. In general I like the Tipton show better than the others. Just depends on what you are looking for at the time. Last show at Kokomo, we ran into a vendor that had a bunch of mixed items apparently purchased as a lot. Several hundred cast bullets 38's, 45's and muzzle loader. He had a large bag of once fired brass, M1 Garand clips for $1 apiece etc. We bought just about the whole lot and found enough commercial 30-06 brass that was worth the price we paid for the whole thing.

XDLover

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    Delaware County
    Tipton and Muncie are put on by the same guy and share many of the same vendors. I went to the last Kokomo show and wasn't impressed but more so because they didn't have what I wanted. For most of the shows up this way admission is good and parking is free fr most!

ryan3030

Master
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    Indy
    I've been to Kokomo and Muncie. They are both decent shows, Muncie feels like it has more firearms than Kokomo does.

Butros17

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    Evansville, IN
    Been to the Evansville on a regular and plan on attending this weekend. It's a nice little event even though I have no others to compare it to. In my limited experience the prices/selection aren't much if at all better than some of the local shops. But for a couple bucks I like to go in and look around.

mosinfan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    The Evansville Shows are ok... I think its all relative.... can't compare the 1500 to the Tulsa arms show, so can't compare Evansville to 1500. That said, the Evansville shows are small. Last show had maybe 150 guns, BUT, every now and then a gem pops up. Ammo is usually high, selection limited... last couple of shows I picked up an enfield trainer, MN 91/59 and a finn 91/30. I don't think any show is a bad show, 'cause you never know what you may find....:D:D

Grump01

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Madison County
    Knife Dealers at Tipton

Wondering about knife dealers at Tipton shows. Case knives in particular??? Looking for another Large (3 3/4" folded length) Case "Doctors" knife with spatula.

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    Wondering about knife dealers at Tipton shows. Case knives in particular??? Looking for another Large (3 3/4" folded length) Case "Doctors" knife with spatula.

Not sure about that particular knife or brand but there was a couple of large tables of knifes. Gun shows are always a unknown but if you don't go then you'll never know.

FFEMT

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 18, 2012
    Madison Co.
    Went to the 1500 and the last Muncie and Tipton show and yesterday at the Tipton show again. Wasn't impressed withy the second time around at Tipton. Seemed like the same stuff. First time at Muncie this year and it seemed like a decent show.

Grump01

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Madison County
    Not sure about that particular knife or brand but there was a couple of large tables of knifes. Gun shows are always a unknown but if you don't go then you'll never know.

Thanks for what info you had. Think I'll go ahead and wait 'til the 1500 next time around as I know I saw at least two dealers there last time I went that both had what I'm wanting. I just hadn't thought yet at that time that I wanted another one yet. Thanks again!!!!

superstorm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 19, 2009
    SW Fort Wayne
    Muncie is a good show for it size you can always find a surprise or two there Tipton is about the same but Indy that is the super daddy great stuff and most time there are some good bargains.

Str8himalaya

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 14, 2012
    I've been to the Muncie show the last couple years. Usually not bad, usually don't find GREAT deals unless your looking for impulse buys. Usually a decent amount of firearms there, just depends on what you're looking for I guess. Indy is usually where you see all the different stuff, but beware, sometimes it can be pretty pricey, plus price of admission and parking is going up as well.

racersden

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2011
    Evansville
    The Evansville show at the Armory seems to have the same dealers with the same guns. Every now and then something different shows up. At the last show I stopped a older gentleman carrying a M1 Garand and had to ask what the story was. Turns out it was a correct part,correct stock International Harvester Garand produced right here in Evansville. Needless to say after several negotiations the Garand went home with me. I will continue to support the Evansville shows because ya just dont know what you might find!

Glen

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    scottrodgers87
    Top Bottom