• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MuttX7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2015
    Monroe County
    I have been arguing back and forth on a Bloomington forum about gun control and AR-15s. One of them posted a link from an Adelaide, Australia newspaper which actually links to a Fox news story about a gun store owner in Bellefonte, Pa claiming to have an inventory of 300,000 to 400,000 guns and having sold 30,000 ARs in a month.
    Gun Store Sells 30,000 AR-15's Since Orlando Shooting | Fox Business

From what I see, the guy is a Davidson's dealer, he is most likely counting their Gallery of Guns inventory as "his", and from all the online searching I do while looking for deals for guns and ammo, I have never came across his shop until the story. I maybe cynical but I am calling B.S. on his having sold that many AR's in a month.

Gun Store | Bellefonte, PA

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Yeah. It's BS. It isn't even a full-time gun store. From their pathetic web site:

-Open noon-6pm Mon-Fri. 12-4pm Sat-Sun, but call ahead.
    -Among their services:
    • Gunsmithing, archery set up and repair, rod and reel repairs.
    • Computer repair.
    • Large selection of Snap-On, Mac, Craftsmen and power tools.
    • Huge inventory of antiques.

I did a search and found many links to this clown's claim over the last few days. A lie travels twice around the world, while the truth is still putting its pants on.

MuttX7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2015
    Monroe County
    It's not a month, but less than one week, from June 12th to June 17th when the Fox article was published.... so that's over 5000 AR-15 sales per day....

You're right, my bad. I was thinking month as I typed for some reason. I still just don't see it happening.

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    It's not a month, but less than one week, from June 12th to June 17th when the Fox article was published.... so that's over 5000 AR-15 sales per day....
    Scenario #1:
    30,000 guns in 30 days.

Using the store hours posted above (M-F 12-6, S-S 12-4) I figured he is open 38 hours a week. This assumes you call ahead and he is actually there...

A 30 day month has 4.28 weeks. 30,000 guns comes out to 7,009 per week. We take that and divide it by his open hours of 38 per week and he would need to sell 184 guns per hour, or 3 per minute.

Scenario #2:
    30,000 guns from June 12th to the 17th.

Using the store hours above (M-F 12-6, S-S 12-4) I figured he would be open for 34 hours based on the dates. This assumes you call ahead and he is actually there...

Take the 30,000 guns and divide it by his open hours of 34 for the timeline given and he would need to sell 882 guns per hour, or 15 per minute. That is one gun every 4 seconds.

Employ enough of the right staff and make sure your shipping/receiving department, NICS calls, and lunch/bathroom breaks go as efficient as possible and I think either scenario is feasible...

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Scenario #1:
    30,000 guns in 30 days.

Using the store hours posted above (M-F 12-6, S-S 12-4) I figured he is open 38 hours a week. This assumes you call ahead and he is actually there...

A 30 day month has 4.28 weeks. 30,000 guns comes out to 7,009 per week. We take that and divide it by his open hours of 38 per week and he would need to sell 184 guns per hour, or 3 per minute.

Scenario #2:
    30,000 guns from June 12th to the 17th.

Using the store hours above (M-F 12-6, S-S 12-4) I figured he would be open for 34 hours based on the dates. This assumes you call ahead and he is actually there...

Take the 30,000 guns and divide it by his open hours of 34 for the timeline given and he would need to sell 882 guns per hour, or 15 per minute. That is one gun every 4 seconds.

Employ enough of the right staff and make sure your shipping/receiving department, NICS calls, and lunch/bathroom breaks go as efficient as possible and I think either scenario is feasible...

Wow, we're getting into Santa Clause numbers there.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    The legal term is puffery.

You can say b.s.

My friend, using specific numbers take it past puffery.

If he said that he sold a HUUUUUUUUUGE number of guns that they were all spectacular guns that would work great for you, that's Trumpesque puffery.

Claiming a specific number? That goes too far....at least that's what I remember from bar exam review.

More likely, he was either talking about an estimate of all ARs sold in the country or all through Gallery of Guns...and the reporter reported it wrong.

SSSSHHHHHOCKING!

MuttX7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2015
    Monroe County
    My friend, using specific numbers take it past puffery.

If he said that he sold a HUUUUUUUUUGE number of guns that they were all spectacular guns that would work great for you, that's Trumpesque puffery.

Claiming a specific number? That goes too far....at least that's what I remember from bar exam review.

More likely, he was either talking about an estimate of all ARs sold in the country or all through Gallery of Guns...and the reporter reported it wrong.

SSSSHHHHHOCKING!

The problem is that I am an ******* who thinks people should be allowed to own an AR and an even bigger ******* for calling B.S. on the claims that this guy sold 30,000 ARs. Not that I care but it's frustrating to see the crap that gets printed and people are willing to believe it.

Top Bottom