• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bollorollo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2011
    Indiana
    I here there is a shooting range in Brazil IN and cost 20.00 a year to shoot at. What is the name of the range and is it open to the public. Plus do they have a bay over 100 yards.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    Pro-tec (sp?) is north of Brazil on Rio Grande road. Go north on 59, west on Rio Grande (or whatever it's called when it hits 59), it's on your left (the south side of the road), can't miss it. >100, yes.

Grizhicks

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    New Palestine
    if you're in the area and have wondered about cowboy action shooting; we shoot here on the 3rd Saturday of each month (starting in April thru October) -- Grizhicks

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Pro-tec (sp?) is north of Brazil on Rio Grande road. Go north on 59, west on Rio Grande (or whatever it's called when it hits 59), it's on your left (the south side of the road), can't miss it. >100, yes.
    It's CR 1200 N (if the sign doesn't say Rio Grand) Approx 3 miles north of US 40 on 59 then turn left (west) on 1200 about 1 1/2-2 miles

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    If you want even more foolproof directions, proceed west from Brazil on 340 to Northview High School. Go north up the road adjacent (on the east side of the property) to Northview and drive until the road ends in a "T". Turn right. Proceed to the first 4-way stop. Turn right into Don's driveway instead of proceeding through the intersection.

I almost failed to mention that the last time I checked he was up to 600 yards and of course has been steadily improving and likely has passed that up by now.

Last edited:

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    If you want even more foolproof directions, proceed west from Brazil on 340 to Northview High School. Go north up the road adjacent (on the east side of the property) to Northview and drive until the road ends in a "T". Turn right. Proceed to the first 4-way stop. Turn right into Don's driveway instead of proceeding through the intersection.

I almost failed to mention that the last time I checked he was up to 600 yards and of course has been steadily improving and likely has passed that up by now.
    Verification on the 600 yd mark? My source (you can't get any closer to Don without actually being Don himself) says, "Nope, still at 300 yds as far as I know"

For directions: If you are going north of Brazil on 59 turn left on 1200 N (near the Co-op). After a mile or so you will come to a 4-way stop near the volunteer firestation, proceed straight through. Another mile or so you will come to another 4-way stop. Across the intersection to your left is Proteq. Proceed through the 4-way stop and turn left into the driveway. The driveway splits right at the main entrance, going left will take you to the house where you sign your range release and deposit your fees, going right will take you down to the main range. If you're looking for the cowboy action range go back out the driveway and turn right on 1200 N (Rio Grande Rd) and turn right at the 4-way stop sign. In about 100 yds there is a gravel drive on your right, turn in here and follow it down to the cowboy action range.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Verification on the 600 yd mark? My source (you can't get any closer to Don without actually being Don himself) says, "Nope, still at 300 yds as far as I know"

Still 300 yards, and you can't shoot on the 300 yard range with out personal permission from Don himself.

Last time I talked with Don about the range there are plans for a 400 yard range, but it's not even been started yet.

Top Bottom