• ...and so much more!
  • fishbass62

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   1
    Dec 24, 2011
    Franklin
    I have gun for sale, including 4 holsters, 6 magazines, 4 speed loaders, a red dot sight, 3 sets of grips and many other accessories. Unfired and LNIB, I will include ammo to make the deal. Price $700.
    The gun lists for $300 new, but with all the extras, it is a steal for the price I'm asking. NOT WILLING TO DEVIDE.

I don't know if I am the only one, but it seems like a lot of adds in the classified are like this, when I'm only looking for a gun. If you make an offer for the gun only, sometimes the seller acts like he is having a cow when I politely say I'm not interested in all the other stuff.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    363   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    If it says they aren't willing to divide then why would you even ask?
    I have sold several guns as packages and frequently have received queries about selling the extras. So even if my ad says I will not split, if I have received good offers for the package as separated, I may take it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have gun for sale, including 4 holsters, 6 magazines, 4 speed loaders, a red dot sight, 3 sets of grips and many other accessories. Unfired and LNIB, I will include ammo to make the deal. Price $700.
    The gun lists for $300 new, but with all the extras, it is a steal for the price I'm asking. NOT WILLING TO DEVIDE.

I don't know if I am the only one, but it seems like a lot of adds in the classified are like this, when I'm only looking for a gun. If you make an offer for the gun only, sometimes the seller acts like he is having a cow when I politely say I'm not interested in all the other stuff.
    If the other stuff is part of the original deal, then yes, I have a cow when asked to separate the deal.
    If you do not want the deal as advertised, then move to the next one.
    Why is that so hard to understand.

Of course, the extras can only add so much to remain reasonable and it is a used gun so price it accordingly.
    And again, be reasonable in your requests.

You have no idea how much butt hurt we see in the staff sub-forum.

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    I suppose you can always ask if they're willing to sell just the gun for full asking price.

I'd think that's fair middle ground, for a seller who has clearly stated what they're selling.

Otherwise, you can wait to see if the asking price gets low enough for you to accept.

jake blue

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 9, 2013
    Lebanon
    If the seller has decided they don't want to divide (devide? Is that a different meaning?) The offer that's probably because they don't want to have to try and sell the accessories separately so whomever takes the gun needs to take the accessories as well. But just like any ad, if it's an unattractive deal or priced too high, just give it time. Either they'll come down in price or become more willing to separate to make any deal happen.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis

If I see a "package deal" ad like that, and I'm not interested in the extras and/or the price, I just move on.
    The seller has the right to set the price and terms of the sale without my "help".

Noble Sniper

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    132   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    Anderson, Indiana
    When I’ve sold things if I had accessories and ammo that could go with it I’d list it with it. If someone wanted it great and if not ok. But I figure if somebody places an ad for this and this…. Well it isn’t Burger King say I’ll take it or move on.

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    DEVIDE: Until this post the most recent use of "DEVIDE" that I know of is in the year of 1630 by William Pemble in "A Briefe Introduction to Geography", and I quote, "The greater circles are those which devide this earthly globe into equall halfes or Haemispheres." The word has for the most part become obsolete.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    It doesnt hurt to ask. But Personally I wait at LEAST a week or two before doing so. And usually wait until they've dropped it in price first.

I have also on rare occasions found something I wanted but their price is unreasonably high, I might send them a note: "Hey. Just a heads up. I'm not going to lowball you and try to talk you down today, but you are asking more than I am willing to spend. Im in no hurry, so if you get tired of waiting for someone else to give you what you as asking, I'll give you $XX. Once again, take your time and try to get out of it what you think you can first. I'll be here. There might be somebody else willing to pay more. "

Ive had decent results with that. But I dont do it often.

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    If I make an offer, I am well aware that some people are invested in their stuff. It is just an offer like their ad is just an offer. Please, re-read that last sentence. If I grate a nerve, I do not return the bad. It is not personal to begin with. I have replied with; "I just posted the ad and am not in a hurry, thanks for your offer, but no thank you." I have tried to be the good guy and take the high road on the internet. If something get's my goat, it wasn't my goat. I will wait till the next day to respond. If the next day finds me still sour, I move on. If it's windy, I fly a kite. If not, I ride a bike.

Top Bottom