• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mike4

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Central Indiana
    A lot of serious gunowners and many more casual gunowners bought more than usual starting around March of 2020 when COVID created a lot of certainty and mobs and riots added more justified concern.

This pulled demand out of the "Trump slump" when there was less rush to buy things that people were not concerned would be banned if they waited to buy later. Then the Biden election adds more of that fuel to the fire. I think a lot of people overspend their budgets a few years into the future during those times, and now that demand is cooling off a little.

Prices are not getting soft on military surplus (limited supply and most warehouses around the world have been cleaned out) or lever actions that seem to have an insane level of demand given limited new production with the slow reset of Marlin production by Ruger, and other discontinued collectibles. Most other things beyond a few other niche low production and/or high demand models, prices have been settling down for some time on anything in regular volume production, and we see that reflected now in a lot of used prices on many firearms.

These cycles run up and down over the years. I had the good fortune to secure a lot of great bargains during the Trump years.

At least the AR is well established and extremely common now with numerous sources along the quality spectrum for every part and piece.

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    When Trump was in they were $350 across the board just pick the manufacture you wanted. I see it more as a return to normal.

And remember, an AR10 is five AR's safer than an AR15...

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I have some to dump just because I have bought several nicer ones and don’t really need the cheaper ones. But I will sit on them until the next big panic. And no, even my cheap ones were never $350 or $400.

Noble Sniper

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    132   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    Anderson, Indiana
    I can remember when Colt was the only AR you could get and they were expensive. Now….. everyone and their brother makes one practically out of the same parts on some of them….. market is saturated and unless a company builds a upper end AR you got 50 other companies building em just like yours.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I can remember when Colt was the only AR you could get and they were expensive. Now….. everyone and their brother makes one practically out of the same parts on some of them….. market is saturated and unless a company builds a upper end AR you got 50 other companies building em just like yours.
    Not that there's anything wrong with that...

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I think if there is any "gun dumping" going on right now it will be nonexistent soon, and I mean VERY soon.
    We are in the beginning throes of an historic general election, unlike any witnessed in modern times.
    Private firearms ownership is on the ballot this time around, whether anyone wants to admit it or not.

If it looks like the liberal Democrats are going to win, or if (God forbid) they do, we will be witness to the largest surge in first time firearms ownership before the new dictator in chief is coronated on 1-20-2025.

If Trump, or another "conservative" should pull it out, there may well be a "dump" of stripped receivers, lower end AR's, AK's...

Top Bottom