Gun Control in England. How's that working? Soldier beheaded broad daylight.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TRWXXA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2008
    In the account I read, the maiming and killing may have been over quickly, but the perps hung around for 20 minutes trying to get people to videotape them so they could claim responsibility and make terrorist comments. Why did it take 20 minutes for police to arrive? The speculation is that only a fraction of the constables carry firearms, and those are the ones they wanted to respond. If I were there and carrying, when one of the bad guys asked me to take a video of him I would have instead provided a head shot. No questions asked.
    It has been a while since I was in London, but when I was last there a constable told me that a call requiring firearms is almost like a SWAT response here in the US. Officers have to go to the station, gear-up with firearms, then go to the scene. Sometimes the firearms are brought to the scene in a special vehicle, but there is still a significant delay getting armed officers on a crime scene.

kliebert

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2013
    Harrison County Indiana
    Well, I was stationed in England for 3 yrs and I can tell you from experience that their response time averages 20 to 30 minutes for most of thier calls. And this level of violence isn't unheard of in England. While I was there a mother and her toddler were murdered by the mothers boyfriend with a Sledgehammer, and another individual was running around killing girls with a claw hammer. It just isn't broadcast here because most of isn't caught on video and broadcast like this was, also to show that the brits have the same if not more violent crimes with their current extremely strict gun laws wouldn't help the anti-guns push their wanted laws.

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    I wasn't sure I should put this in the 2nd Amendment area. It's not in the US. But I think it applies to our arguments. And it is about legislation of guns, at least in my mind.

This is not a gun issue. The victim could have defended himself with a sword. Let's bring back the claymore.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    If the Brits outlaw cars n cleavers..............the next crazy will have to use a plastic cooking utensil after a bicycle ramming.

That kill should take more than 20 minutes, plenty of time for the cops to show up and maybe stop him.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    This has been the case for many years. When I was at Camp Lejeune in the mid-80's, the only Marines armed were MPs or Marines on guard duty at night. And when you were on guard duty, you had one magazine, loaded with 10 rounds and carried in your magazine pouch.

One time, we had a "terror threat". So, they decided to post guards around the barracks. We were armed with "clubs" that were a little longer than a baseball bat!

My son is an American Soldier. For a while in 2011 he was stationed at Fort Jackson, SC, and he told me that he and a buddy pulled guard duty for several nights outside some building. I asked him what they were guarding, and he said that he did not know. I asked him if they were armed, and he said they were not. I said, "what would happen if a bad guy who was armed tried to get past you?" Without hesitation, he firmly said, "we would take him out." Gotta love our young men in uniform.

^THIS^ is crazy to me. I have heard the same stories. Say what you want about the USAF butwith the Model 15 38's we carried it with 6 in the gun and another 12 on our belt. When we transitioned to the M9 they mandated we carried the M9 with a round in the chamber weapon on fire 24/7 when on duty one fully loaded mag in the weapon and another fully loaded 15 round on our belt weithe stateside overseas or ANG. Also in the late 1990's the USAF started issuing JHP ammo at all stateside bases.

Feel sory for the Army and Marines.

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    My son is an American Soldier. For a while in 2011 he was stationed at Fort Jackson, SC, and he told me that he and a buddy pulled guard duty for several nights outside some building. I asked him what they were guarding, and he said that he did not know. I asked him if they were armed, and he said they were not. I said, "what would happen if a bad guy who was armed tried to get past you?" Without hesitation, he firmly said, "we would take him out." Gotta love our young men in uniform.

I understand the point you're making about arming our soldiers, but you know, your son does have the right attitude. The same mindset applies no matter what weapon you have, even if the only weapon you have is the limbs that God gave you. If you mentally collapse when you're outgunned, you just might collapse even when you are not outgunned. The size of the fight in the dog is really important. Glad to see the size of the fight in your son is pretty big.

Your son and his buddy, even unarmed, would probably be able to stop the average INGO poster with his two millions guns. Would they be able to stop an equipped Spetznaz on a mission? Not so sure...

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    Maybe. But thugs tend to go after soft targets. Unarmed soldier and unarmed population makes soft targets.
    Because all these types of people are cowards. Mass shooters, terrorists. Their targets are all the same because they know what happens when they go up against well armed people.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Because all these types of people are cowards. Mass shooters, terrorists. Their targets are all the same because they know what happens when they go up against well armed people.

I think it would be a mistake to say they "all" are cowards. These "animals" could have surrendered to the police. Instead they died for their cause.

Let them. Die for their cause.
    But let's not be soft targets.

Bogan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Liberty1911 said:
    This is an immigration problem, not a gun control problem.

Seriously? You don't understand? Wow.

I don't understand either:

Michael Adebolajo, London terror suspect

"Adebolajo, 28, is the son of devout Christian Nigerian immigrants, Anthony and Ibitoye Adebolajo, who settled in Romford, east London, where Michael and his three siblings were born."

"One school friend said: "His parents were extremely strict. They were really devout Christians."

"Michael was into his football and was a Spurs supporter. All his friends were white. He was just a normal lad but as he got older he started to go off the rails."

"His parents tried to keep him out of trouble by moving away from Romford into a smart detached house in Saxilby, near Lincoln"

Can you explain in detail how this is an immigration problem?:dunno:

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Can you explain in detail how this is an immigration problem?:dunno:

Where'd this guy (from the same article) come from?

"Omar Bakri Mohammed, the "Tottenham Ayatollah" who was thrown out of Britain when he was the leader of the now banned extremist group Al-Muhajiroun, last night said that he had converted Adebolajo to Islam."

Speaking of immigration problems, does Democratic Underground really have nothing better to do than send its shills here?

Last edited:
    Top Bottom