• Status
    Not open for further replies.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Great story wish this was the kind of stuff that would make national news! +1 for the couple and +1 for whoever ran this dbag down and told LEO where he was.

sxshep

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2009
    SW Ohio

Mike Elzinga

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    NWI
    Glad to hear someone stepped in rather than just trying to be a good witness. Couples are allowed to yell and scream but as soon as the argument gets physical, I dont mind stepping in to help. My father taught me better than to stand there and let a lady take just a mild beating and then relate it to police.

a.bentonab

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    Evansville
    During the video on the website, the reporter says she tried to have an interview with the couple, but that they couldn't be reached because they "rented a helicopter and volunteered their time to search for marijuana."

dingy144

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2010
    I was the guy who chased Anthony and that was my brother-in-law and sister who drew there weapons.

gohard43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    Northside Indy
    I was the guy who chased Anthony and that was my brother-in-law and sister who drew there weapons.

Hmmm..

Congrats to the couple, that is awesome. I know a family who live in Wadsworth, I'm going to have to ask them about this. Like someone said earlier, I wish this would make the national news! People need to hear about responsible gun owners!

dingy144

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2010
    this video that i posted is slowly making its way up the news ladder its already been on MSNBC. national news...

braz007

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 11, 2010
    Fort Wayne

Outstanding. Glad to see some people who weren't afraid to do what is right. I would like to think that if I saw this happening I would do the exact same thing.

I am also equally glad to see that there weren't any repercussuions to the couple pulling their weapons. Seems like an overzealous LEO could have a field day with them over that.

I also thought that it was great for the police spokes person to say that he wished more people would respond the way that they did.

:patriot:

warmachine

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    East Central Indiana
    Thats pretty awesome. I dont know that Id have drawn my weapon but I would have definitely stepped in and stopped it. WHEN he turned to me and had something to say THEN I would have warned him and drew down on him. I cant wait until my wife gets her permit. Shes pregnant right now so she doesnt have the range time that would make her comfortable enough to carry but when she is comfy she will be carrying.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Way to go Ohio Couple! There's no maturity in beating a woman! Glad they had guns (and were able to protect the woman) and it's interesting to hear that the guy ran...sounds like a wuss to me...strong enough to beat on a woman, but not strong enough to stand up the responsibility (repercussions) that went with it! Glad to hear then got him!

We had a DV situation in Fort Wayne, a few years ago, where a teacher tried to intervene (it occurred late at night on the north side of town). The teacher was unarmed and got in the middle of it and ended up getting shot and killed by the male (I believe the woman got shot as well!) Never underrate a DV situation. I know several LEO's who will not get in the middle of one until their back up has arrived. It's just too dangerous!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom