• ...and so much more!
  • theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    Wow, you got some big ones JDM.

I'm not surprised how this turned out. How date you act as a free man in this society. Next time, they'll rub your nose in the dirt or maybe put six feet of it on top of you.

I hope this ends up costing the city a lot of money. But don't worry, no one will lose their job, a night's rest and tomorrow something similar will happen to some other guy. Posting this everywhere I can find.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Question....

There is a lady holding a sign panhandling at the light for 465 S as you are going westbound on pentelton pike at the underpass. She has been there every day for week and is practically under the light really.

Another guy doing the same at the light as you get off 465 S at Emerson ave to turn south onto Emerson. Every day for weeks practically at the light.... Know there are laws about that.

There a cops that turn a blind eye to that but jump all over someone buying a gun in a private sale?

Granted there are two sides to the story but don't write a guy a ticket for holding a sign when others do it every day in the same spot.

I have only seen one officer pull over to talk to a land handler since the new law and she was greenfield pd.

If you are going to I force th laws on one then hopefully you enforce them on all.

POC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 17, 2010
    West Baden, IN
    True but why put yourself out there in an already questionable situation. I will not hold my breath on settlements as that is questionable in its self. Leo does as LEO will. If they saw fit in this highly charged situation to detain, they will detain...period. Best to have let this go unless as you were doing, selling off useless iron not trying to interfere with the locals big show. That is merely my own humble opinion. I was not handcuffed at the curb.

I agree but it was "Their" show. Not to be interfered with. They will put you in cuffs just to make a point. Just not smart no matter what the law says. It is after all, what the law does. No slam, just fact.

The adults in the room are always entertained when kids go looking for trouble, get trouble, and then whine about getting trouble.

A kid drives all the way from Terre Haute to blatantly taunt the police at an advertised gun buy-back and you, somehow, blame the cops? Grow up, people. This kind of nonsense is exactly the kind of things the left uses to constantly beat the drum that says that none of us should have guns.

Going there with a sign to solicit transactions to buy guns, at their event, is stupid. Period. Responsible gun owners are glad he got to sit handcuffed for an hour. Perhaps he will show a bit more maturity before he does something as stupid the next time.

Whether or not you AGREE with what he did, he was perfectly within his rights to do it. Wait I'll say he was OBLIGATED to do it. The amount of "don't mess with us, we're the cops" crap that goes on these days is ridiculous. (Remind anyone of "powder raids"?)

Things need to be done. Waves need to be made. We need to know what kind of men we are.
    +1000 for the young man who did this.

Oh and to the nay sayers... :welcome: to :ingo:

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    In his right to do so but so is carrying an AK down the street and we all know how that ends.

I think both parties could have used better judgement..... But hold Impd to a higher standard for enforcing the laws on one but not all.

Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN
    How does the rest of the world define "Police Custody"?

police custody is kidnapping, It like many other things the government reserves the monopoly over is distortion of logic that keeps people from speaking their piece. The many crimes the US government is guilty of in the last 200 years have been met with a stamp of approval only because a governing body sanctioned them.

For instance If you would have directly mailed guns to the mujaheddin in the 1980's by todays standard you would be guilty of aiding a terrorist organization. However since it was the government that did it, it has been dismissed in history books as either a fact not worth mention, or a legitimate activity.

If you honestly feel that handcuffing a man who did nothing wrong is legitimate I pray you are not, nor plan to be in an active role in law enforcement. Keep in mind that what is legal is not synonymous with what is right, and if you make an attempt to detain an innocent person I pray you get what is coming to you, and I am on the jury.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    In other words, NO. This is not confirmed to be a reliable source of info to save you from a trip to jail for possession of stolen firearms, correct?

Even if you call the PD, and they verify that it is not stolen, you can be arrested.
    Then they will say it was entered into the PDs database after your call, but sitting on a desk somewhere.
    There are no guarantees.
    If you don't trust the link, it won't hurt me. I just put it out there.

Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN
    I think it's self evident that an individual who is legally in police custody is not a victim of kidnapping. A person held in custody by police when they lack legal authority to do so clearly IS such a victim.

To reinforce what has been said here, I have yet to see a law enforcement officer on duty with out a pistol, it is a well understood fact that if you don't comply with police you get shot/tazered/pepersprayed/or beat to submission.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    IC 35-42-3
    Chapter 3. Kidnapping and Confinement
    Indiana Code 35-42-3

IC 35-42-3-1
    Definition
    Sec. 1. As used in this chapter, "confine" means to substantially interfere with the liberty of a person.
    As added by Acts 1976, P.L.148, SEC.2. Amended by Acts 1977, P.L.340, SEC.33.

IC 35-42-3-3
    Criminal confinement
    Sec. 3. (a) A person who knowingly or intentionally:
    (1) confines another person without the other person's consent; or
    (2) removes another person, by fraud, enticement, force, or threat of force, from one (1) place to another;
    commits criminal confinement. Except as provided in subsection (b), the offense of criminal confinement is a Class D felony.
    (b) The offense of criminal confinement defined in subsection (a) is:
    (1) a Class C felony if:
    (A) the person confined or removed is less than fourteen (14) years of age and is not the confining or removing

person's child;
    (B) it is committed by using a vehicle; or
    (C) it results in bodily injury to a person other than the confining or removing person; and
    (2) a Class B felony if it:
    (A) is committed while armed with a deadly weapon;
    (B) results in serious bodily injury to a person other than the confining or removing person; or
    (C) is committed on an aircraft.
    As added by Acts 1976, P.L.148, SEC.2. Amended by Acts 1977, P.L.340, SEC.35; Acts 1979, P.L.299, SEC.1; P.L.183-1984, SEC.2; P.L.278-1985, SEC.8; P.L.49-1989, SEC.21; P.L.59-2002, SEC.2; P.L.70-2006, SEC.1.

Obviously, if the police were acting within the confines of the law, there was no "confinement".
    But.....
    If the police have nothing to charge you with, and it would be hard to make a case about officer safety when they have all those people without LTCHs around them.

Top Bottom