• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pinhead56

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Anyone here signed up to shoot the GSSF match in Dayton this weekend? (Sat-Sun May 14-15) The deadline is tomorrow (Wed, 5-11) to signup online. I'll be there, should be fun, you just need to be "part of the family"... i.e. own a glock :cool:

dwh79

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    Wanamaker/ Acton
    Well I made it over this morning. It was a nice shoot. I am still getting used to this competition thing. My nerves get to me even when I know I am just competing against myself. I hope everyone else had a nice time who made. I did notice one other ingo person there in a ingo tactical hat this morning.

pinhead56

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Well I made it over this morning. It was a nice shoot. I am still getting used to this competition thing. My nerves get to me even when I know I am just competing against myself. I hope everyone else had a nice time who made. I did notice one other ingo person there in a ingo tactical hat this morning.

I shot the match Sat, overall an OK match, but seemed to spend a lot of time between 11-2 pm just waiting around. The 'big' field with all three 5-to-glock and one glockm stages was running slowly. Each individual stage had to wait on the 3 others to clear before resetting and scoring. That's where berms are your friend at the range. :rolleyes: Overall a friendly bunch at Dayton and many folks I met had shot the IN ACC glock match in prior years. The weather was the weather on Sat, drizzly and later much cooler and windy. I finished up about 3:30-4:00 and then wandered thru the whole range complex and store to check out the rest of the facility. Earlier Sat, you could hear some full auto going on the other side of the hill, deep throaty bang bang bang, not super fast, maybe a Thompson 45 acp? We were wondering if a new GSSF division for Glock 18's had been added to the match, HA! that would be awesone even if you could only watch. Don't know about you guys, but maybe it will be sunny and 70 next year. I definitely plan to check it out again.

mjrducky

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Jun 16, 2009
    North Liberty, IN
    I arrive Sunday just before 9 and started shooting by 9:15. I was completed by a little after 11 am and most the time the sun was out so it felt pretty good. Got breezy and a bit chili when the clouds covered it. I've found that if you show up early you usually don't have to wait more than 10-15 min at each stage and by the time I left was busy enough to have 20-30 min waits on the berm stage. Having not shot seriously in 3-4 years I started out pretty bad and by the end I was rocking the plates. So I am glad I made the 4 hr 1 way trip and look forward to Brighton, MI match next.

Top Bottom